Mississippi Republican calls to "succeed" from the union after Biden victory

Well, we have already discovered you do not have to know how to “SPEL” to be the President of the USA.

1 Like

Seriously? I thought we were done with this

5 Likes

It would be nice to see folks like this identified in a similar manner on social media. Not sure what hashtags are already in use, but this gives me ideas…

12 Likes

Look here, succeeding is just him exercising his writes!

15 Likes

Put up or shut up Mississippi.

9 Likes

you must be thankful for Nevada, too, because i am pretty sure we ARE last.

1 Like

Outside of employing the wrong word… I say…

avengers-thor-nope

Far right white supremacists don’t get to tear of chunks of the country that they think of as “theirs”. People who live there and don’t believe in their ideology make their home there, too (many of whom are African American, in case people are forgetting), and they don’t deserve to live under that shit. Even the people who believe in that shit don’t deserve to live under that shit.

The only way forward here is to stamp this all out. All of it, all over the country. It’s the ONLY way forward for all of us together.

35 Likes

Our state motto here in New Mexico is “Thank god for Mississippi! At least we’re not last…”

FAKE NEWS!

Mississippi was only admitted to the union so that Alabamians* can say “Thank God for Mississippi.”

*At times, there is some jealousy, which is why Alabamians, originally Alabamans, changed their collective noun – in imitation of Mississippians.

2 Likes

6 Likes

They’re complaining of voter fraud? Mississippi Republicans are voter fraud personified. They’ve done everything possible to disenfranchise people of color, poor people, women . . . . . the list goes on. There is no such thing as an honest or decent Republican.

10 Likes

Alabamoebas?

3 Likes

Politician in Mississippi: a career path for the terminally dimwitted.

2 Likes

I don’t know - they’d still be US citizens and the US has a decent track record against foreign governments that mistreat US citizens abroad. Might be a win.

3 Likes

Sure, let’s let a bunch of racists in a state with a large black population have it. What could possibly go wrong? /s

12 Likes

It’s pretty well established that calling for secession is not any kind of treason and is protected speech. It isn’t even close.

It’s just stupid.

7 Likes

Hey Mississippi, don’t let the door hit you in the ass.

1 Like

That’s a fair point. My message via Marilyn Monroe was directed at Price Wallace, specifically. Maybe he can succeed (sic) and go somewhere on his own.

4 Likes

It’s like your abusive boyfriend who never finished high school, has diabetes, and doesn’t have a job threatens to leave…

Oh nooooo! Not that! Anything but that!

I keed. I keed. Of course we don’t want Mississippi to leave. We would like it to do better, though. It has a lot of issues. Be best, Mississippi.

3 Likes

Agreed. We can kick his ass out of the country…

If this election has taught us anything, it’s that as we saw in the example of my state, things can be made to change for the better.

14 Likes

Not if they secede.