Mississippi Republican calls to "succeed" from the union after Biden victory

So here’s a few more. Including the dem @Melizmatic requested.

Investors.

Still not seeing ELECTED OFFICIALS IN POSITIONS OF POWER CALLING FOR CA TO SECEDE.

You really can’t seem to admit your error, huh?

But that isn’t all surprising, especially these days.

ETA:

Evan Lowe’s wishy-washy tweet isnt on par, either.

12 Likes

As a rule, the left doesn’t put the Kremlin-backed nuts calling for secession into elected office.

Again, false equivalence is false.

ETA: @Melizmatic wins this time!

10 Likes

We’re gonna need to buy a coke machine at this rate.

Just like Whoopi Goldberg telling butthurt MAGAs to suck it up and accept the election results is NOT the same thing as 45’s admin refusing to cooperate with the transition to Biden’s admin…

15 Likes

In that article I see one grandstanding Dem assemblyman who mainly represents Silicon Valley corporations and some Libertarian techbros (including Jason Calacanis, who’s held laughably wrongheaded opinions on politics since he lived in NYC). None of them really count as left-wing.

9 Likes

To secede you must procede to excede

2 Likes

I think you’ve got a homonym error there. Try “exorcising his writes”.

2 Likes

Didn’t Oklahoma have to scale back to less than the usual 5 days a week, a year or so ago? (Pre-COVID)

“Keep on secing 'till you do secede!” (also @stinkinbadgers)

2 Likes

For those who didn’t understand my earlier comment about how many counties in MS voted for Biden, here’s the map:
Let’s not talk about writing off “the south”. It’s really no more monolithic than any other state (except Oklahoma, where it appears neither POC nor moderate centrists live).

12 Likes

I seem to remember California doing the same was talked about by a few ayn-caps back in 2016.

I don’t know how anyone could think that ayn-caps are left wing though.

8 Likes

Motto: “Oklahoma is, eh, ok, I guess.” Or something like that.

To echo the MAGAts four years ago, fuck his feelings.

8 Likes

When you leave please take Alabama with you.

1 Like

Satire is truly dead because you just can’t make this shit up.

2 Likes

Maybe read the comments before you drop the same useless bullshit that’s already been addressed?

9 Likes

I encourage anyone who endorses or is apathetic toward letting the GOP tear states out of the Union to go read The Space Traders to understand why regionalism is racist bigotry.

14 Likes

I assign that story to my students when I teach the US survey… good stuff.

12 Likes

Doesn’t Oklahoma have a lot of Native Americans, though?

Couldn’t they have import and export duties on all goods moving along that river that starts with an ‘M’? /s

That specific island is uninhabited. The Marshall Islands in general does have a population and they have probably have had enough of colonialism without a bunch of deplorables turning up.

6 Likes