Misty Copeland Barbie Doll features "ballerina body"

[Read the post]

1 Like

She still looks like she’s eight feet tall.

1 Like

Misty Copeland or Lil’ Kim?

I think its only like 12 or 14 inches.

3 Likes

Surely large quads are more distinctive of a ballet physique?

I always thought severely damaged and misshapen toes were the distinctive ballet physique.

13 Likes

And blown out knees.

4 Likes

And more breasts than any ballerina can afford to have…

7 Likes

Looks like she needs a Sammwich.

Barbie’s no more resemble human beings that Cabbage Patch dolls do.

I thought Misty Copeland is African American?

1 Like

That’s actually pretty accurate and part of Misty Copeland’s story. She started “too old” and “with the wrong body,” including a large chest, and of course not white, so everybody told her she wouldn’t make it.

3 Likes

She is. “Copeland’s father, Doug Copeland, is German American and African American,[9] while her mother, Sylvia DelaCerna, is Italian American and African American and was adopted by African American parents”

Sooo - 1/2 black by blood? But lots of fun genetic mixing going on. Per the Barbie site - "As the first African American female Principal Dancer with the prestigious American Ballet Theatre, Misty Copeland is an inspirational star, paving the way for future dancers all over the world! "

Interestingly, how light or dark she looks in a google image search varies widely. :o/ Guess it depends on the light and exposure.

Fun fact - born a local girl born in Kansas City! Her mom was a Chiefs Cheerleader. Had no idea!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.