Mob of young MAGA hat wearers surrounds Native American elder and mock him [UPDATED WITH NEW VIDEO]

I assume you mean Mr Nathan Phillips, and just momentarily forgot his name.

13 Likes

Re Some of the comments above.

My kid went to a Catholic school until last year. I can tell you probably 1/3rd to 1/2 of the kids aren’t Catholic. I don’t know the numbers on the actual number of Christians. One of her friends is half Jewish half Baptists - which is like the anti-Catholic. The kids are there because the school is one of the best if not the best in the area. It even got a National Blue Ribbon award from the DOE.

Now one would think if you’re at an abortion walk that they were Christains of some variety, but don’t assume most if not many of the kids to be pious Christians. They are kids at a private school, not little monks and nuns.

1 Like

I think, sadly, that the lesson taught by “good southern christian values” might be, “Respect your elders”, rather than “Respect their elders”.

9 Likes

I saw an interview with the elder. He said that he did feel threatened and that he felt fear, but for the others that might be hurt of it escalated, rather than just for himself.

9 Likes

I had seen this tweet before and i still had to confirm it:

3 Likes

I also quite liked these two:
https://twitter.com/goldietaylor/status/1086800634551173121

7 Likes

Joy Reed just did an interview with Elder Phillips. Very much a must hear. The man is a hero who was treated in a humiliating fashion by a bunch of priviledgee asshats.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Yes. I’ll fix it. Thanks!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think you are right. Mores the pity for these young people who will become the next generation of idiots.

1 Like

Maybe these snowflakes were triggered by him playing his drum and chanting… /s

9 Likes

Won’t SOMEONE think of the rich white kids!!! It’s so hard, getting a private school education and being a bully all the time! /s

16 Likes

No one expects the Kentucky Inquisition!

Has anyone ever warned this kid of his slack jawed Hapsburg chin and the cause of it?

Exactly, that’s why I specified “mainstream media”. When someone’s photo is on the front page of every major news site, and their identity is made clear, at that point, I don’t consider reposting their name to be somehow endangering them.

1 Like

Nathan Phillips is a hero. A man whose people have been brutally murdered and forced into abject and enduring poverty by our nation intervenes when a large group of red hat wearing fascist youth start insulting some nation of Islam members. Words are exchanged, things get heated… and he walks between them performing a healing chant. And faces down the smug smile of a fucking little douche bag prick, that smile you can see in so many historic photos when the privileged man and his buddies confront those they want to keep down.

Think about all that for a moment. Think about what we’ve done as a country to the indigenous tribes that once resided here. And think for a moment how this man still shows calm and dignity in the face of that history, standing up to these bullies.

That’s the story. Dice it however you want, try and figure out who “started it,” none of that shit matters. Nathan Phillips is what matters, and I’m profoundly in awe of him and thankful for people like him living in our world.

17 Likes

Yeah, the major side effect of a Catholic school education where I grew up was teen pregnancy. Less likely in an all boys school I suppose, but I doubt they are independently going to learn about birth control when they ‘graduate’.

2 Likes

Except no, they will be marked for preferment forever, in a certain exclusive demographic

Agree. I am in awe of his determined restraint in not responding to the shithead trying to stare him down. In the one small upside to this whole situation ( I have previously mentioned my eternal optimism), is that young earl douchebag is broadly perceived as the villain in this story. Not all that long ago, elder Phillips would have faced potentially life threatening consequences for “disrespecting” the white man facing him. Maybe a small improvement. Maybe.

7 Likes

Clearly she like most Trumpsters misunderstands that “an eye for an eye” is not meant to be instructional.

6 Likes