Mobile phone covered with synthetic human skin

This is one phone I’d feel very uncomfortable leaving on the nightstand.

7 Likes

Post the sauce!

Devin needs a hat made of synthetic human flesh.

5 Likes

Long live the New Flesh!

videodrome10

18 Likes

Necrotelecomicon

11 Likes

Wow you took that really dark quick

2 Likes

This is properly called PseudoAnthropodermic Telephonopegy

1 Like

iswydt

2 Likes

I didn’t try to do that I was just trying to think of what they call the books bound in human skin and apply proper Latin terminology to this but okay

3 Likes

Checking the comments to make sure that everyone immediately knows exactly where this is headed.

…yep!

9 Likes

Ssh, I won’t tell anyone.
Now where’d I put that moisturize me gif? :grin:

4 Likes

I think that’s the USB-IF’s understanding of what a ‘foreskin’ is.

Because it’s the USB-IF, and such is their nature, it’s a bit confused about whether it’s a plug, socket; both; one or the other depending on the outcome of a protocol negotiation described by 600-ish pages of standards documents; probably comes in variants with power delivery, without, versions that support RNA viruses as an alt-mode and versions that don’t but do support PCIe DMA viruses over Thunderbolt alt modes; and no mere mortal could possibly guess what they’ve decided to call it; but the visual ID seems clear enough.

4 Likes

Beat me by an hour, vintage sci-fi pulp cover art man.

BTW:

2 Likes

Users will be getting these things inked. I know it. I can feel it.

10 Likes

The videogame for the eXistenZ movie can now be controlled with an appropriate interface! Oh, Boy!

7 Likes

Oh, you soon get used to that.

What?

4 Likes

Speaking of New Flesh:

Fleshlight iPad Case - available on Amazon

10 Likes

Aside from obvious applications in sex dolls and related paraphernalia, I cannot see people covering their phones and mice with fake skin. It’s creepy.

Imagine your phone rings and when you put your hand in your pocket, the phone grabs it. You jerk your and out of your pocket, the phone goes flying across the room and smashes to bits, and ---- oh, I get it now. Ka-ching.:grin:

3 Likes

There are obviously synthetic textures on fabric that I quite enjoy. Neoprene is fun, also styrofoam pellets inside a lycra pillow. So when this does make it to market, I don’t think they’ll go full Videodrome uncanny valley right off the bat, Im thinking more like, tickle me Elmo and variations on that theme.

It still does evoke some distrubing imagery, The PuppetTown Murders comes to mind, but thats still easier than yhe kind of nightmare hellraiser imagery that these prototypes suggest…

2 Likes

One needn’t worry about the T-Mobile 600’s. The dogs will sniff them out. The T-Mobile 800 or even the 1000? That’s going to be some scary shit.

4 Likes

I’m normally jealously protective of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act; but that’s one accessory that should probably void your warranty just for the sake of whoever might be stuck servicing hardware in the resulting state.

Smoker PCs are bad; I suspect that’s not better.

1 Like