Moby is selling his record collection to benefit an animal rights org

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/12/moby-is-selling-his-record-col.html

3 Likes

Incidentally, my last pet dog was named Moby. Except he was named after the whale, not the musician.

1 Like

I wonder if his tea shop in NYC is still open. A good cookbook came out of it.

2 Likes

He’s a legend. I wish I would have known about this in time to buy those harmonicas he sold. Not to late for the vinyl sale though!

2 Likes

So was the musician.

3 Likes

That’s a fun fact to know about Moby (the musician), but I don’t think namesake-ing is commutative.

1 Like

What’s purple and swims?

6 Likes

He’s a relative of Melville.

3 Likes

I’m happy that he’s moved on from that.

1 Like

You left the -y off the end of the headline.

5 Likes

Dammit, I love Moby, but this is a sham charity that’s in a long-running feud with the American Medical Association because of its dishonest behaviour and rickety advice. I want the vinyl - I don’t want the proceeds to go to charlatans - gaaahh!

2 Likes

Poor Greggor. Moby still isn’t going to give him back the records he loaned him 20 years ago.

I hope that anyone who really doesn’t get that animal testing is needed isn’t hypocritical enough to use basically any actual medical treatment. Yes, you can use cell cultures for some things, or computational models for others (I’m a computational biologist myself), but there is no way you can reasonably jump to clinical trials in humans without at least some animal testing.

1 Like

"So everybody wins. Well, except me, because now I don’t have any records.”

I count that as another win for everyone else.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.