Moderna's new CFO lasted only 1 day, but reportedly still gets to take his $700,000 salary

Originally published at: Moderna's new CFO lasted only 1 day, but reportedly still gets to take his $700,000 salary | Boing Boing

9 Likes

26 Likes

Moderna’s new CFO lasted only 1 day, but reportedly still gets to take his $700,000 salary

30 Likes

It’s just standard policy. The same applies for factory workers who are fired on day 1 because they failed a drug test, right? Right? …Hello?

33 Likes

He’s probably mad that he can’t keep his $500,000.00 signing bonus.

19 Likes

He won’t be the only one “leaving” the company. Someone seriously screwed up to miss whatever shady financial dealings were bad enough to force out the CFO of a major pharma company after one day.

32 Likes

This.

I’d also bet that Moderna’s lawyers are currently looking for any cracks they can find in this guy’s contract to claw that money back. If he lied to them, they likely have grounds for voiding the contract.

22 Likes

Must be nice, I’ve been working my whole xenniel adult life and haven’t passed the $700K mark yet.

10 Likes

Ah, the system is working perfectly.

9 Likes

Less CFO, and more GTFO.

21 Likes

I might as well apply now. I don’t have a financial background, but if they’re not checking …

5 Likes

Wrong way to spin it, try:

“I can assure you I have been involved in zero financial scandals! My record is clear!”

They were not necessarily public, so they may not have been something one could find with normal due diligence.

5 Likes

spider-man-norman-osborn

1 Like

Or there’s a headhunter who’s checking their professional indemnity policy right now

6 Likes

Moderna’s former CFO, David Meline, will fill in until the biotech company finds another, hopefully less expensive employee to take over the role.

I’ll do it for $500,000.

2 Likes

There’s the makings of a movie right there, with Owen Wilson playing the hapless, slacker protagonist who through a case of mistaken identity lands the CFO role, and Jack Black playing the conniving director who tries to exploit the situation to his own ends.

It practically writes itself…

8 Likes

You should apply to CALPERS

1 Like

At $700,000 a day, he still made less than Jeff Bezos did that day.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I think that’s a “The Hudsucker Proxy” remake.

5 Likes