Mom fined $88,000 on beach trip after kids collect "seashells" that weren't

I just get another freckle, instead.
Got lots of 'em, too.

3 Likes

She’s since gotten a clam tattoo to remind her of the experience.

What? Does she have Memento disease? Was she likely to forget it otherwise?

1 Like

That sounds like a great euphemism for doing something fatally stupid because you didn’t research the environment of a place you visited: “Oh, how did Dave die? He pet the moose.”

2 Likes

Bradbury, Ray. “The Illustrated Man”. New York: Doubleday & Company, 1951.

6 Likes

really shouldn’t be taking that many shells home from the beach either

2 Likes

My thoughts as well. 72 shells would be a lot even if they were just shells.

(To tell the truth, I’m just a tiny bit skeptical of the family’s ignorance. 72 clams is a lot, and heavy, and you’d need a bag for them. Really, they thought they were just bringing home some mementos from the beach? I guess it’s possible…)

2 Likes

These are smaller clams though. I could see kids filling a couple buckets with dozens of one inch shells no problem. Well, no problem until them not being empty turned into buckets full of rancid carcasses, anyway.

5 Likes

Perhaps she has a string bikini that says ‘ask me about my whole-body clam tattoo’ as well? Or a beach wrap with one of those 20-page EU tags on it explaning the whole beach wildlife sitch.

6 Likes

3 Likes

My sister used to joke about getting a tattoo that says “always take your meds”. Funny at the time, but now I wish she’d gotten it.

1 Like

$88,000? You’d have to sell a lot of seashells by the seashore to recoup that.

5 Likes

or clam chowder, in this case.

4 Likes

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.