Moms For Liberty school board member liberated $728 worth of stuff at Target, say police. She's been charged with shoplifting

Originally published at: Cops: Moms For Liberty board member liberated $728 worth of stuff at Target

5 Likes

School board… sending their best.

I have to imagine each time she did it she thought she was so damned clever too.

27 Likes

Target has been a terrible choice to attempt shoplifting since forever.

20 Likes

“i’m going to shoplift at the store that literally has screens mounted on the self checkouts with cameras covering my face and the entire checkout assembly and an explicit warning that surveillance is in progress”

23 Likes

she should focus on her own problem before addressing groomers.

what a POS.

13 Likes

I worked at 2 different Target stores from '89-'94. There are cameras everywhere, including in stock areas. I’m sure they still deploy plain-clothed security folks as they did back in the day, too. The self-check cameras are a magnificent addition to Target’s security apparatus, they deter almost everyone from attempting theft at that point in the visit. Almost everyone. Some people are just that dumb.

27 Likes

Should have worn that Hitler mask that Moms4Liberty hand out to members.

7 Likes

This Mom For Liberty was just “liberating” the merchandise.

Why does Target hate freedom so much?

That is some diabolical genius right there. You think you’re getting away with it so you keep doing it, digging your pit deeper and deeper.

32 Likes

Should have been a prison sentence then we could have had headlines like: ‘Moms for Liberty no longer at Liberty’.

11 Likes

Too bad, she hasn’t issued her statement of outraged victimhood yet.

16 Likes

Just wait.

13 Likes

That’ll come just as soon as the crowdfunding campaign is launched.

10 Likes

She’s not addressing “groomers”… she’s targeting the LGBQT+ community.

Any minute now.

Season 2 Time GIF by American Gods

12 Likes

Evil people do questionable shit;
more at 11:00.

2 Likes

Moms For Liberty school board member liberated $728 worth of stuff at Target

Cracking Up Lol GIF

4 Likes

I think the best possible outcome would be if this experience truly changes her life, and that time in prison shows her how awful she had been to other humans as a member of that terror group. And if she changes her positions and starts treating people accordingly.

Unfortunately I don’t know of any examples where a member of one of these hate groups has ever learned a damn thing. They all seem to end up heading off to prison without ever expressing remorse.

8 Likes

So, I hit them for one big score then?

1 Like

“skip-scanned” items at the self-checkout

Having worked at Target briefly, I’m always slightly terrified when I feel I’ve checked out “too quickly”. I have literally held something over my head before to make myself feel that I’m being clear that I scanned it. I remember the security roughing up some guy once and I live in existential dread that it would happen to me.

10 Likes

Oof. I know that feeling. The weirdly unwarranted guilt that makes me afraid to put my hands in my pockets or behind my back. Or to even straighten my pants when they start to sag.

3 Likes

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

4 Likes