Monday Music: Run Runaway, by Slade

That’s how we got Brexit, too…

10 Likes

I misread the title.

WOW! Sade and I share the same birthday.

5 Likes

And Trump.

Well, it’s easy to say that now. :wink:

ETA: I knew there’d be a vaguely apposite title somewhere.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve heard any Quiet Riot, but Slade would be a hard act to cover well - pretty basic music, but where else do you find that much energy and playfulness?

1 Like

They get a little airplay on US “Classic Rock” stations. Or at least one song does

2 Likes

This came out when I was 13. Instantly brings me back to the early adolescent anxiety feels.

3 Likes

Me too.

5 Likes

Now I am getting flashbacks to the underappreciated short lived batshit crazy series Crime Story

2 Likes

Sure, i’m not much of a fan but a little bit of slade is alright. I particularly like…

2 Likes

FWIW: Randy Rhoads left them (before they got famous) to join Ozzy Osbourne’s band. Rudi Sarzo left them (after they’d been famous) to join Whitesnake (among others) IIRC.

4 Likes

Caber swinger, if you please.

2 Likes
1 Like

#SheriffJWPepper

This is a great song by a great band who rarely made filler. And they are criminally underrated, at least in the US. They should be required listening daily on every platform and station. And I will fight any motherfucker TO THE DEATH who has an erroneous view on these facts.

4 Likes

The A-bomb test was a nice touch.

2 Likes

It was one of those “We are getting cancelled, lets go out in style” things.

Then followed up by a surprise second season the writers didn’t expect.

Sledge Hammer! did the exact same thing about one month later. Including the atomic explosion.

3 Likes

Well, if he says so. I never noticed the vocal style varying from their “serious” song “Metal Health (Bang Your Head)”.

2 Likes

Rudi Sarzo played with Ozzy too.

2 Likes

Well, she’s Far, Far Away, now. :grinning:

2 Likes