Mooing NZ opposition leader denies making "barnyard noise"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/06/braying-hoo-rays.html

1 Like

A “very fine” gentleman indeed.

5 Likes

Tourette syndrome beginning?

Dude, we can hear you.

7 Likes

Is he claiming it isn’t a “barnyard” noise? That’s a pretty narrow objection.

I love this trend (I guess it’s not new) of people pretending to be hurt and offended when they are called-out for shitty behavior, as though calling someone out is the actual problem.

5 Likes

You’d think a member of the New Zealand legislature would at least have enough decorum to make sheep noises.

10 Likes

…following his expulsion, he went to the bathroom and hi-fived Peter Pan and the other guys. FINALLY! ugh, I thought I’d never get out of there. I Parliament is sooooooooo booooooring.

2 Likes

He was saying MOO-urns.

2 Likes

The dry summary of the incident did not prepare me for the hilarity of the video.

“How is it […] that I’m the naughty boy in this parliament?”
“…”
“…”
“Do I really need to explain?”

3 Likes

No-one would have noticed if he’d made donkey noises.

Churchill said “the best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter”.

Well I’ve witnessed this particular brand of juvenile atavistic theater first-hand and would wager that five minutes in that public gallery during question time presents a stronger argument against.

1 Like

To be fair it’s all about the dairy cattle these days. Not in numbers of animals, but in income.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.