More Sacha Baron Cohen funnies: getting wingnuts to endorse "kinder-guardians" program to arm 3-year-olds

Speaking of that, he built a whole Web presence around one of his personas and using it to trolley rank-and-file right-wingers:

https://twitter.com/BillyWRuddick

https://www.truthbrary.org/

1 Like

I watched this last night and I just could not believe how idiotic these people were. That one guy even made a commercial with guns dressed up as puppets to instruct the kids how to use them. Telling kids to point it at a bad guy so they can take long naps.

4 Likes

I saw that movie too. I liked it.

You mean they’re anti-semites who nevertheless admire Israel as a beacon of Western civilisation amidst the barbarians and/or have a boner for the IDF and Mossad?

Anyway, obviously none of them bothered to check up on Col. Erran Morad. And if anyone did suspect they were being punked by the Borat guy they would know for sure when they saw that his eldest brother is called Erran.

1 Like

Some of them have a boner for tough Israelis who they see as barely human (and decidedly non-white) super-soldiers. Some of them see those super-soldiers as perhaps unwitting (((alien))) mercenaries defending an outpost of Western (read white) civilisation against the Muslim hordes. Some of them are evangelicals who support Israel mainly in terms of an apocalyptic prophecy that calls for it to serve as the collection and extermination point for Jews who won’t convert to Xtianity during the Tribulation.

Some of them manage to combine all of these views into a muddled philosophy – not shocking coming from people who can’t distinguish between Judaism and Zionism in the first place (and who think toddlers can be trained to safely handle firearms).

4 Likes

Well, if you selectively edit my comments, you can certainly make them seem as weaselly as you like. I admitted to not watching the video.

Anyway, I am not in favor of arming toddlers, nor do I consider 12 year olds to be toddlers, nor am I in favor of pre-teens having unrestricted & unsupervised access to projectile weapons of any sort.

Nor am I in favor of restricting knowledge of the use and care of weapons, because I feel that making them foreign and mysterious prolongs and promotes an engineered rural/urban political division that serves existing sociopathic economic and political powers.

I was taught use of modern weapons when I was in that age group. I taught my children as well, even though we are not technically rural, and none of us uses or carries a gun.

2 Likes

He was a direct parody of British youth television presenters in the 1990s, as well as Tim Westwood’s ‘blackcent’. It was a very believable scenario at the time.

My favourite one of these is the interview with Tony Benn, where he gets annoyed at Ali G’s insistence that welfare is for people who don’t want to work (which Ali G portrays as a positive thing), and that going on strike is like having a sick day. I honestly thought that Tony Benn came out of it looking good when I saw it.

3 Likes

I was going to put the Tony Benn video as an example of someone who stuck to their principles and refused to be led.

In fact, it’s pretty much THE example.

I decided against it as I couldn’t decide which one to use as an example of someone being led too easily… :wink:

4 Likes

I’m not opposed to that sort of education either. No modern weapons for me, but by the time I was 12 I owned and had started learning to use swords, staves, and other martial arts weapons.

Like you I haven’t watched the video, but for me I think the big problem is: I’m living in a world where the right presentation can get a significant number of people to say they support defensively arming kids age 3-12.

1 Like

Social engineering (and I think that is a big part of Sacha Baron Cohen’s shtick) is so much easier when the subject is predisposed to the conclusion in the first place.

5 Likes

You have no idea how off base you are without watching the video. Whatever you believe I’m pretty sure it’s reasoned and in some level sensible, this is not what’s shown here.

2 Likes

I had the feeling! But I can’t watch that vid from here. Maybe from home, later - thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.