More than 100,000 dead of Covid in UK

Al and his government have long standing patterns of failing upwards through acts of both incompetence and malice. Al of course started off by getting fired from his first job as a journalist because he made up quotes from his uncle. He followed that up with a track record of lying as a European correspondent (to such an extent that the EU had to make a website to debunk his lies) and this failure up (passing through editing the Spectator) to being I believe the highest paid columnist in the UK and one whose paper regularly has to print retractions as his incompetence/shoddiness is such that his wrong claims are delivered at the last moment so they end up printing them with only the most gross errors removed. Nobody on the other side of the aisle with such a shitty track record would be in a position to take power, let alone be ushered into it by a cheerleader press.

And that’s before all the myriad instances of casual racism which would also end non conservative political careers immediately.

Or, you know, all the incredibly stupid and wrong turns he, personally, took in dealing with the pandemic. A few highlights “you’ll be glad to know I shook hands with everyone”, Britain will take off its Clark Kent spectacles and emerge with its Cape flowing to keep borders open, the mayor was the real hero in Jaws.

Anything with eugenicist Dominic Cummmings, the Stephen Millar/Bannon of Whitehall.

7 Likes

I am not defending Johnson. His obvious venal, narcissist incompetence does not make me any more confident in Starmer.

But it makes me very confident that de Pfeiffel, and his cronies, are more venal, more narcissistic, more incompetent than is remotely normal.

They are extreme outliers in this regard. Neoliberal governments have all failed. The Tories have failed very hard.

3 Likes

This is driven by ideology and is based on the Thatcherite idea that there is no society, there is only individuals and that each individual bears no responsiblity for others, and in fact should look out only for one’s self. This is not just bumbling incompetence.

I really don’t understand how people can look around at the policies they implement and still think they are just incompetent. If you really believe that, then you’ve bought what they’re selling.

8 Likes

If she can’t perform any analysis - even the most basic of whether a politician is lying - then why is she employed? Might as well just have someone read out the official spokesman rather than her acting as an amplifier whilst masquerading as a journalist.

I understand there’s malice - Rabb, Patel, Truss et al described their hatred of the UK working classes in their “book” - Patel’s new laws that ONLY UK workers can do the worst paid jobs, are living proof of that.

What would they know about “work”?

Incompetence is a symptom of a hollowed out state, a purged Tory party, a govt, forged by culture war (Brexit) and requiring ONLY brexiteer purity to participate, and a leader to paralysed by fear to remove the most dull-witted, malicious and/or dangerous.

Why do you think that she can’t?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.