Mother's QAnon beliefs lead to family's tragic death in Colorado wilderness

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/21/mothers-qanon-beliefs-lead-to-familys-tragic-death-in-colorado-wilderness.html

14 Likes

Do you think the people who concocted QAnon and the grifters who profit from it care about what happened to this family?

sure, if they can turn the tragedy into more grift.

21 Likes

If right-wing conspiracism isn’t ripping families apart, it’s killing family members.

13 Likes

How incredibly sad and infuriating at the same time. The kid didn’t deserve that.

30 Likes

QAnon will describe it as the necessary culling of the weak or will blame liberals for somehow preventing the family from attaining firearms that would have allowed them to survive by hunting.

11 Likes

It’s not news that conservatives lack empathy, so… no. They don’t care.

10 Likes

“But what really killed them was the Covid vaccines.”

10 Likes

Maybe these mummies were planted there by antifa deep state actors

/s

5 Likes

“Has anyone checked to see if they were vaxxed?”

3 Likes

Just wtf

5 Likes

Everyone knows mummification is the best way to efficiently extract adrenochrome

3 Likes

Anyone who has watched a loved one destroy their own lives through bad decisions might disagree. It’s still a tragic thing to watch regardless of whose responsibility it is.

16 Likes

I have watched such a thing at very close range; it almost took me with it, in fact.

I can understand the feeling, but I’m a survivor of an abusive childhood. I can look back logically and see the circumstances that led my father to alcoholism as well as physical and mental/emotional abuse of me and my mom. I can also see the influences that made my mother emotionally abusive and controlling. In both cases they were adults and decades later I can see the causes of their behaviors, I still place the responsibility for their actions on them.

I ended up on my own and homeless for a while at 16. I’m damn lucky I didn’t end up dead like this poor kid. I’m sorry that he had to be part of that before he died, but those adults get very little sympathy from me, if any at all.

30 Likes

I’m glad you didn’t end up like that poor kid. The world is a far better place with you in it. :hugs:

16 Likes

Thank you. (And okay, can’t really make a coherent followup on that.) :people_hugging:

15 Likes

I entirely concur with The Magic Fox. Your username doesn’t suit you. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: Just accept the love, no coherent reply is required.

15 Likes

Perhaps 13-year-old Talon’s last thought.

2 Likes

I remember reading about this in the news at the time. It’s just tragic, more so because kids were victims.

4 Likes

Sometimes I wish my six year old son understood how cruel the world can be so he would be more appreciative of what he has. But then I read something like this and I just want to pick him up from school so I can cuddle him in bed all day.

It just hurts my heart.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.