MouthPad is a tiny tongue-operated mousepad for the top of your mouth

Originally published at: MouthPad is a tiny tongue-operated mousepad

3 Likes

I was gonna say “but Y tho” but it does seem like a possible useful device for those with restricted mobility… :+1: This is probably more useful than the “transparent” TVs and other such stuff at this year’s CES…

8 Likes

What’s the tongue gesture for an en passant chess move? (“don’t know, but the cherry stem ends up in a clove hitch”)

6 Likes

Having a cursor based input method could be quite useful alongside existing mouth-based input devices like https://www.quadstick.com/

3 Likes

“It is a sex thing… It helps with fillatio.”

7 Likes

My nephew has to use a sip 'n puff device to operate a computer after a car accident a decade ago. He’ll find this doohickey immensely useful.

12 Likes

Yeah i immediately thought that this would be amazing for folks that might not have steady use of their hands or not being able to use them at all.

And the transparent displays would be cool if i can have them slapped into some glasses/shades :eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought this was the other obvious application. Wearable and HOD displays would be great uses for this.

1 Like

Is there a wearable Bluetooth “receiver”?

That’s wonderful! I hope he can get one soon and it is a useful as it seems.

3 Likes

A clove hitch around what?

The clove hitch is an ancient type of knot, made of two successive single hitches tied around an object.

(Proud owner of a Pedant Pendant.)
3 Likes

I read that in Harris Brewis’s voice.

1 Like

I had to look that reference up.

Fair enough, though. (I think.)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I have read a sci-fi novel where (IIRC) implanted communications equipment (i.e. one’s phone) was operated by controls implanted in the alveolar ridge. Basically the same thing, just implanted.

It struck me as an actually workable solution at the time that does not need any hypothetical thought control to operate implants.

Unfortunately, I can’t remember which book it was. Might have been Gibson’s The Peripheral?

1 Like

I was going to say it vaguely reminds me of one of Gibson’s books, so you’re probably right.

2 Likes

I’d certainly like to have the Razer Viper Pro in my mouth, but maybe not by that name? Maybe they ship an alignment chart of products and you pick the ones you can use in the next decade. Delinting the optics way easier or way harder tho…?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.