Moxie Jillette fools his father and Uncle

Originally published at: Moxie Jillette fools her father and Uncle

10 Likes

That was definitely a Wonderful Thing, got me to genuinely smile on an otherwise crappy morning. Thanks!

11 Likes

I’m not really going to fault them for giving her the win, but I feel like if they knew what sort of deck they were dealing with, it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to think of how that could be used to achieve the last effect.

1 Like

That was so wholesome i think my shriveled heart felt something

5 Likes

Eh, I think it’s pretty obvious that they knew how she did it all. I mean, she literally said her number was 37, so I don’t feel like her wearing a shirt with that number on it is the trick. The trick was making it look like the card they chose was the card with the number 37 written on the back, which is really the same trick as the first part, just with the picking of the number and the card reversed. She did the trick really well, though, and the whole thing is just really cute and wholesome so I can’t say anything bad about it.

Now, if she had made her dad pick the number at the end instead of the card, and he picked 37, and then she revealed that shirt, that would have taken the trick into David Blaine WTF territory. But she’s young. Give her time.

1 Like

Hey y’all, Moxie is he/him.

14 Likes

Stage presence obviously needs some work, but pulling off a two-week setup on that pair is really impressive.

1 Like

Updated. Thanks. Moxie’s IG agrees.

9 Likes

While this was adorable, the simplest explanation for the trick is that all three were in on it.

Well that was a fun trick! I’ve seen similar ones where people from the audience makes a prediction or call out a number that ends up being revealed selected ahead of time, stored in a sealed envelope or something similar, but I don’t know how they do those tricks either!

That was great but…

Where’s Alyson? Me and my wife love her.

2 Likes

Penn even calls them a ‘her’ a few times , and I’m gonna guess Penn isn’t going to err like that on TV of all places.

I also see she’s 18, which explains that she isn’t a child and thus my confusion of how a parent can send a child overseas when in fact the child didn’t go… and the legal issues that arise from that.

Who knows. Even as their dad he might’ve made a mistake in the moment, he seemed pretty bewildered over the ruse. I’m inclined to take Moxie’s word for it when they say they go by He/Him, everything else is just noise. Lets move on

5 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

3 Likes

Father of a trans kid here, and still stumble, misgender, deadname at times, particularly when I am not prepared to respond. Getting better over time, but it happens. I would not take this as evidence of anything.

12 Likes

And Moxie may have given his dad permission to use a pronoun he prefers other people don’t use. I know a kid who wants they/them from most people but says she/her is okay for their parents. Even though their parents are very supportive.
Our kid asked only their dad and I to use they/them about a month ago. We are trying very hard but we mess up all the time :cry:

2 Likes

It looks like Moxie transitioned relatively recently too. His IMDB page still lists him as an “actress” and his Instagram page says “Moxie or Luka Jillette” so he may still be settling into his new identity himself.

5 Likes

Embedded video:

1 Like

Cool. I knew nothing about this person before this, the gendering of the article went one way, Penn said something different… then he’s got another son that looks more like Moxie than the older pictures of a blond girl I saw, so there was much confusion.

But yeah, Penn probably got innocently tripped up in the moment and I’m guessing
Moxie was understanding because otherwise this clip might not have gone out.

2 Likes

The video posted here is simply several years old.

2 Likes