MrWeebl's classic viral animation "Badgers" turns 20

That was my favorite! It still plays in my head randomly every once in a while, though it’s often in disguise.

4 Likes

Huh. I would have sworn that this was late 90s. My sense of time has never worked, though. I never understood how my dad could look at the ass end of a car and tell you what year it came out. Sorcery?

5 Likes

Is that “mosesondope.exe” a jab at Zombie Nation and their Kernkraft 400?

1 Like

I remember seeing this video for the first time on Ebaum’s World. The sub-heading was “wait for the ending…it is amazing”. I watched for 15 minutes before I realized I’d been lied to. I’d like to think I’m a more sophisticated internet denizen now, but I’m probably not.

9 Likes

The website was called Joe Cartoon. Their youtube username is joecartoondotcom.

1 Like

I first saw Badger when it appeared at his Weebl and Bob site. I was V fond of the Weebl and Bob series - I eagerly awaited each new episode of the bizarre week-long mini-series ‘Bob’s Week in France,’ peaking with its silly surrealist conclusion. Being a horsewoman, I also love his ‘Hos’ video, set to the classic Patricia by Perez Prado.

ETA: the orig ‘Hos’ was an endless loop, like Badger.

4 Likes

6a2f94177d3f5b256f27492b5422c4a5--brian-blessed-flash-gordon

@GagHalfrunt That Mammoth-tusked Snake :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Meanwhile, in 9 months 4 weeks Salad Fingers will turn 20…

5 Likes

I wonder how old that series of shorts about the cranky horse is. Or maybe a Unicorn, i think named Charlie? :thinking:

4 Likes

FLYING BLIND ON A ROCKET CYCLE?!

2 Likes

Only 15 years old, I think.

Hmm. I think a lot of humor was different back then?

8 Likes

This horse?

Just remember, you can only see lions in Kenya.
Forget Norway.

3 Likes

what about tigers?

2 Likes

My Magical Trevor plush still sits proudly on top of my CD collection, fittingly.

Next to my plush lion.

And my plush tiger.

3 Likes

What about a zee-braa?

A new medium for people to try, so we got a lot of Fred Ott’s sneeze?

The Wee Squirrel is 22.

2 Likes

Sadly not. And before you ask, I don’t have a Weebl or a Bob either :pensive:

Heh, another classic.

I hope the elderly Mr. Wee Squirrel is doing well in some comfy Old Squirrels home.

2 Likes

Sharing a room with Foamy?

2 Likes

20 years ago is considered “early years of Internet culture” now?

1 Like