MSNBC apologizes for live broadcast from inside San Bernadino shooter's home

It is intestinal fortitude, and a whole lot more in terms of personal discipline, because it’s not just the next Presidential election. It’s local and state elections, and many elections AFTER the next election. As the media have shown us, our collective attention span is about a millisecond. So how to convert the necessity into action is a very long term project.

The currents and countercurrents are strong and progressive causes always swim against them. We are still fighting Roe v. Wade, violently, 42 years later. We are still fighting for racial equality, violently, 60 years after MLK and 150 years since the Civil War.

These things that we need to fix are obvious to you and me, but so non-obvious to the rest of the country. We have to take a patient, firm, and very long range perspective on them or they will drive us insane, and insanity will cause inaction and resignation.

2 Likes

So now BB uses the strategy of the not-quite-tabloids, to allow them to publish what is essentially tabloid-fodder, but get around the explicit tabloidy-ness of it by decrying all of those other tabloids doing it.

1 Like

“We’re sorry - and we’d do it again in a heartbeat!”

4 Likes

What burns my noodle isn’t the press - they were always carrion. It’s homeland defense, the three letter brigade & local police leaving the residence of a suspected terrorist unattended right after what may prove to be the first(?) Daesh related mass shooting in America.

If this “war on terror” is so important those leading & spearheading that effort should be competent enough to secure a crime scene in the California suburbs.

If they can’t even do that…

3 Likes

Same here. Chafes my chaps from here til Tuesday.

Charter revocation is a thing, but citizens need to be aware of it and demand it. A petition was filed against Unocal in California before they were snapped up by Chevron, but then-attorney general Bill Lockyear rejected the 127 page petition in 3 sentences with no deep review, and sat on the appeal for the rest of his term. Unfortunately, the law professor who headed this effort has passed away.

1 Like

Hey. You damn liberals asked for transparency from law enforcement. Here it is. Quit whining. /s

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.