MSNBC apologizes for live broadcast from inside San Bernadino shooter's home

[Read the post]

2 Likes

I think it’s great that they’re able to apologize while also excusing their own behavior.

Briefly.
Without review.
We were invited.
Not first.

All they need for Yahtzee is “a few bad apples.”

18 Likes

or #NotAllNewsMedia

9 Likes

Too fucking late for apologies, it’s in my brain now and everybody elses.

2 Likes

Something something closing the barn door after the horse something something

6 Likes

More of the bizarre psycho death parade. I am copyrighting that and buying the fucking domain names.

5 Likes

“In that case would it be OK if—” (fishes hand from wallet) “—ALEXANDER HAMILTON had a look around?”

10 Likes

So if I die of cancer in the hospital, it’s cool if my landlord uses a crow bar to open the front door and show the neighbors around and have a peek at my stuff?

7 Likes

Are they late with the rent? What next, Storage Wars: Terrorists Edition?

7 Likes

This just in:

6 Likes

Just enough time to plant Korans and scribble some Arabic on papers scattered about and hidden in shoeboxes in the closet…

2 Likes
  1. Yet another mass shooting at least partially inspired by corporate mass media frenzies.

2. Yet another media frenzy.

3. Repeat step one.

Perhaps it’s time to bring back charters for corporations. When a corporation no longer serves the public trust and is hazardous to communities, it loses its charter and is vanquished.

22 Likes

On top of the mouth-frothing-media, did anyone stop to think that the home they were about to enter was lived in by people who were discovered to have murdered numerous people and had purchased or hand-built IEDs?? Like, fucken booby-traps? They’re damned lucky the murderers didn’t leave explosives rigged inside the house.

But I guess if they did, at least there would’ve been a good media presence to capture the event.

5 Likes

I heard an NPR analyst talking about this on the way home. He said if he’d been there he would have gone in but would then take a cold walk and a hot shower because it would be a terrible thing to have done.

It’s frightening to me that a journalist speaking purely hypothetically about that situation admits that he’d do it and only feel bad about it afterwards.

8 Likes

oh! well then, ok – all good. carry on. as long as you’re sorry about it. /s

3 Likes

Dude we can’t even jail a killer cop. You think they would axe a corporation?

8 Likes

Thoughts and prayers with MSNBC’s legal office.

For the win!

7 Likes

That’s all they’re sorry about? Tramping through an active crime scene is just journalism as usual?

2 Likes
  • The news reports the other day said that Mrs. Shooter’s mother lives with them. Breaking in’s even more inappropriate.
  • There was lots of speculation that there might be bombs on the premises, and the news reporters apparently saw bomb-looking things. WTF were they thinking?
  • The police and bomb squad weren’t already there protecting the shooter’s home, which might have enough explosives to endanger the entire neighborhood? WTF were THEY thinking?
  • Dude, breaking and entering’s illegal even if you’re the press?

So much WTF

3 Likes

We, the people, did it before. If we stop acting as weaklings and start focusing on what we can do in solidarity instead of succumbing to apathy, fear and inaction - we, the people, can do it again.

It’s a fortitude thing.

3 Likes