MTG gets Jewish holidays confused

Yikes, I guess NYPD posted something similar. People pointing out NYC has one of the largest Jewish populations, next to Israel, you would think someone would be better on top of things.

Is the honey and apple appropriate?

5 Likes

Rosh Hashanah, so 10 days ago.

8 Likes

So what I’m learning is that there’s basically “general Jewish holidays stock art” that has references to multiple Jewish holidays, on top of which people stick text for a particular holiday (while apparently not realizing what it is?). Someone needs to come up with a Christian version, with a Christmas tree, witch holding a trick-or-treat bag, the Easter bunny… and the text “Happy Ash Wednesday!”

7 Likes

Although the Shofar is indeed blown on Yom Kippur, it’s worth noting that for any message put out by MTG, it is a dog whistle.

2 Likes

The appropriate greeting on Yom Kippur is G’mar Chatimah Tovah which literally translates to “complete a good fast” but means “have an easy fast.” Gamar is a different word. So she said “finished a good fast” as in “He finished a good fast” but she left out the pronoun.

1 Like

And a bloke nailed to a tree. For completeness.

2 Likes

Although I suppose that actually would be generally appropriate (except for All Hallow’s Eve) for Christian holidays… it’s just been excised from modern commercial manifestations of the holidays.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.