'Mueller' the Golden retriever is now mayor of this Southern California town

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/31/mueller-the-golden-retriev.html

Not THAT Mueller, the furry one. He has two Deputy Dawgs helping out.

8 Likes

“I have just been elected by you. And I love you!”

9 Likes

I hate to “well, actually” this story, but I live in Idyllwild and we call him Mayor Max, not Mueller. I’ve voted with my donations to Animal Rescue Friends twice, and I’d vote for him again. He’s doing a great job as an ambassador for the town and he’s a very good boy.

20 Likes

But can you indict a sitting mayor if he bites someone?

8 Likes

A little sunshine in an otherwise dull day.

4 Likes

Who can indict that face?

5 Likes

So whoever donates the most wins? Sorta cool not to pretend otherwise like we do in our “grownup” elections.

6 Likes

Old news Rabbit Hash Ky, the center of the universe, has had animal mayors since 1998.
“The first elected mayor in Rabbit Hash history was an adopted dog “of unknown parentage” named Goofy Borneman-Calhoun,[13] who was inaugurated in 1998 for a four-year term, after an election covered in the documentary Rabbit Hash (The Center of the Universe). He died in office in July 2001, aged 16.”

3 Likes

Concurred! We have a cabin up there. Part timers only… I wonder who you are!

1 Like

My town has been around for a couple hundred years, and doesn’t have a mayor.

So this would be a great idea…

My wife and I were in Idyllwild during the mayor’s birthday party in 2018. The whole town came out to celebrate. Free pizza and cake for all. Such a cool place.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.