A police dog is running against the goat incumbent mayor of a small Vermont town

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/31/a-police-dog-is-running-agains.html

5 Likes

Goat 2020!

9 Likes

Roger That!

5 Likes

I’m voting for Li’l Sebastian

4 Likes

A: “I ain’t voting in no pig!”

B: “I believe you’re mistaken, the dog already beat the pig in the primaries.”

13 Likes

Lincoln the goat wins by 1312 votes

5 Likes

12 Likes

This isn’t funny.

Democracy requires informed involvement. Instead, people are so discouraged that they sit back and mock the whole thing. This isn’t like school class president, where the platform is “more pizza”.

This is our country, the jobs, lives, and safety of YOU. If you don’t like it, mocking and not voting are just about the worst possible choices one can make, and cheering it on isn’t helping either.

Why are the Republicans running this country? Because the 30% of the country that feels like they’re right gets out and votes EVERY TIME. From President down to dog catcher. Tut-tutting the absurdity and sitting home to complain about it is why the bad guys win.

1 Like

Lighten up Francis.

This isn’t real, it’s a kind of parallel election to get kids, and maybe people in general, to vote.

It’s been done elsewhere, but also Vermont may have a different feel. I’m not sure, I do know Vermont more than any other. US state.

11 Likes

Honestly putting a couple animals on the ballot for a figurehead position is a pretty clever way to get more people to turn out and vote in their local elections, which include votes on real issues and positions of actual importance like members of the City Council.

11 Likes

15 Likes

18 Likes

But not Boss Hog, he’s a good ol’ boy.

11 Likes

At least the Duke boys were never meanin’ no harm, Hogg was just mean.

11 Likes

(I’ll save you a Googling, the dog was called Flash :wink:)

5 Likes

Hello, K. It’s okay if you don’t happen to find it funny. BB encompasses everything, from the ridiculous to the sublime and to the Trumpian. We are Renaissance People; we can laugh and cry and microscopically analyze and k’vetsh and fart-blast amongst fellow mutants. On the darker side, the story’s takeaway (for me at least) is this: If our POTUS was instead a Nubian goat, we’d all be better off.

5 Likes

The Very Young Republicans were taking notes on how to get a weasel elected.

2 Likes

A third party has entered the race.

2 Likes

Go team goat.

7 Likes

But will he introduce mandatory snow days each year?

1 Like