'Multiple Fatalities' in Florida Mass Shooting: Suspect in Custody, 20+ Injured at Parkland's Stoneman Douglas High School

16 Likes

“Lone wolf” it is!

15 Likes

Just from that onebox blurb without even clicking on it; I know the assailant is a White male.

SMFH

17 Likes

Republicans have, not me.

5 Likes

Breitbart is already going to work on the spin.

Apparently some of the 18 school shootings this year don’t count because they were accidents or suicides. School. Shooting. Which word is giving them trouble there?

Chelsea Handler tweeted that the NRA and Republicans have blood on their hands, Breitbart had to add: “Her tweet did not suggest what the NRA or Republicans had done to contribute to the occurrence of a school shooting.”

Wow. Really?

18 Likes

Thoughts and prayers thoughts and prayers thoughts and prayers fuck you asshole

Clarification, not YOU, Mr. Raccoon. …You know who.

7 Likes

What, no “regards”?

4 Likes

That are to busy denying that this actually happened.

9 Likes

Another one from Breitbart:

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Special Report,” Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) argued that people should wait until they have all the facts before recommending policies in the wake of the Parkland, FL school shooting.

Right. This could be due to some special set of circumstances completely different from all those other shootings. Fuck that guy!

19 Likes

What’s important is that we take this opportunity to reaffirm the 2nd amendment, no matter how inappropriate that may be. Everyone together now:

giphy

3 Likes

Hell, it’s not even the Republicans, per se. Apparently 90% of Americans back the idea of a number of basic gun control laws, at least. Yet those laws still don’t exist and in most of the country, any politician pushing for such laws tends to not to get elected. So here we are…

14 Likes

It seems so painfully obvious to me. if “responsible gun owners” don’t want laws that affect them, they need to figure out how to draw the line between “responsible gun owners” and “irresponsible gun owners” and get their laws in first.

Gun control is inevitable. The only winning strategies for “responsible gun owners” is to either keep pushing it off until they’re dead and it doesn’t affect them - or find a way to make “responsible” the winning team. No-one makes the winning team with their fingers in their ears.

(This is from the POV of a pro-gun-control european, who doesn’t believe that european methods will necessarily work for the US)

8 Likes

I wonder if they will un-file that Chapter 11. I heard gun sales were good at the local sporting goods store today…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if he was a RWNJ, but it’s probably best to keep in mind that information in the immediate aftermath of these things is questionable at best, and fresh content gets valued over verified content. There are also pictures going around of him wearing a communist party shirt and a KMFDM hat.

Dude killed 59 people in Las Vegas and that didn’t spark outrage. What will it take? 500 people? 1000? 2500? 5000? 10,000? 100,000?

2 Likes

Even if he wasn’t a trumpnut, he was apparently disciplined for violence and exhibited abusive behavior toward his girlfriend, which is literally –100% surprising.

8 Likes

Regular people don’t matter at all.
Maybe if it was 500 rich and powerful people?

7 Likes

At this point I’m starting to envision a failed PUA like the Santa Barbara killer. Lots of Venn diagram overlap between those types and the alt-right. His browser history will end up telling the tale.

2 Likes

That is completely fucked up.
Then again, so are daily mass shootings.
So it kinda makes sense.
It’s all fucked up.

2 Likes

The NRA’s attitude is that any regulation is an intolerable infringement on the rights of law-abiding gun owners, and they’ve managed to convince a fair few that’s the case (and buy enough politicians to advance their position). And they have managed to push off gun control, and obviously expect they’ll be able to continue doing so - but the percentage of the population that are gun owners is decreasing and the number of people who want restrictions is increasing. So we’ll see how long the NRA can control the conversation (and legislators).

Then they’d just institute some draconian regulation that only protected themselves…

12 Likes