"Muppetborn" homebrew Dungeons & Dragons rules let you add the Muppet race to your 5e campaign

Originally published at: "Muppetborn" homebrew Dungeons & Dragons rules let you add the Muppet race to your 5e campaign | Boing Boing

6 Likes

But why? Most play fantasy RP to forget all the muppets around them in their RL campaign >:(

2 Likes
4 Likes

Roll for Awareness?

7 Likes

This document is very clever. I now want to play D&D with an all muppet party.

The boys and our bard:

9 Likes

But does it have the staggering amount of material that PonyFinder 2e has?

4 Likes
2 Likes

Rather than PCs, I’d like to see them written up as felt golems.

2 Likes

Wow. I read the headline as Mapplethorpe and wondered what new miniatures D&D would have.

3 Likes

At least the miniatures are easily found."

9 Likes

I’m sure that someone has already done that. It’s not really my thing though, I’d rather play Alison Bechdel influenced D&D.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t that be a +1 Constitution increase? Living in a garbage can can’t be healthy, so that bonus will come in handy.

3 Likes

Wait until they get a load of Muppetborn Ravenloft. I hear he controls time, as he forces you to listen to him interminably count to 10.

11 Likes

This feature implies that instances where we can see the lower half of what appears to be a muppet are not in fact muppetborn, but instead another distinct species or sub-species. Edit: Or the feature simply needs an addendum that the muppetborn can at-will make its lower-half visible, sacrificing the innate cover bonus.

5 Likes

Nom Nom Nom . Muppetborn absorb the energy from food without ever having to swallow it.

That’s useful. You feed them sweets and you are left with sweets that don’t make you fat. :grin:

2 Likes

Interesting. A 1st Edition campaign called Benchleydale has been using Muppets for years. You can find them on Facebook under Benchleydale and Beyond. YouTube streams of sessions.

+2 AC seems very overpowered. A 1st level muppet defense fighter with chain mail and a shield could have an AC higher than 20.

1 Like

Yeah, it probably is a bit high. Probably be better to give them the standard natural armor style feature that other races get, though it’s not quite the same flavor.

1 Like

4 Likes

Great, just great. Now I have the Manamana song playing in my head.

2 Likes