"Murder House Flip" is a house-renovation show set in homes where people were murdered

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/20/murder-house-flip-is-a-hou.html

5 Likes

14 Likes

Still not as hideous as The Real Housewives of Anywhere.

29 Likes

Roger That!

9 Likes

“‘Murder House Flip’ is a house-renovation show set in homes where people were illegally killed

is there some other way to be killed? like, a legal one?

7 Likes

I doubt 112 ocean will be appearing. It’s currently owned by some one who declined to publish their identity. It’s been recently renovated. And more over it ends up on the market every few years, usually for less than what it was purchased for.

The problem being less that it’s a “murder house” than the constant gawkers and jackass teenagers inspired by the Amityville Horror thing make it a bit unlivable. There’s almost no more guaranteed way to screw yourself on that house than to publicize it more.

4 Likes

I’m guessing televised flipping of houses where the swat team got someone wouldn’t have have the same viewer/market appeal.

on another note I could see this creating a very bad cycle of enterprise:

“mmmm ratings are down , we just don’t have any more murder houses with enough audience or freaky buyer appeal… mmmmmmm what can we do to fix this problem ? mmmmmmmmm…(insert light bulb here)”

4 Likes

I don’t necessarily mind the murder house part (I wouldn’t watch any realty show on purpose, so it means nothing to me). But everything I’ve been hearing about this “quibi” makes me think “sorry, no, I’m tired of this shit and I wish prompt failure on you”.

Waiting for other shows to enter the niche.

This Old Body?

9 Likes

Dearly hope they hit up 112 Ocean Avenue.

“This house presents some unique challenges. We’ll be showing you how to renovate it so that it doesn’t hiss ‘get ouuuttt’ and so that blood stops oozing from the walls.”

11 Likes

Maybe in countries with legal euthanasia. That’s not a subject I’m going to look into though, there’s too much risk to my mental health.

2 Likes

“Murder House Flip” is a house-renovation show set in homes where people were illegally killed

Illegally you say? :thinking:

1 Like

Just making a joke about death in America.

*sighs and changes headline*

10 Likes

The budgets these shows (but perhaps not this show) have to work with are often so enormous that they could just make an over-market offer and literally own the house for the duration of production.

This is our best hope for 112 Ocean Avenue getting its eyes back! (The current owner removed the quarter circle windows, for the reasons you describe)

3 Likes

I got the gist of the joke, i just had to comment on it because its pretty amusing

3 Likes

When they run out of houses the conflict of interests get weird.

But then again this is America … people be shooting.

2 Likes

This is America! People can be killed accidentally (“I was cleaning my gun when it went off, officer! I had no idea it was loaded or that I was pointing it at my brother-in-law”), killed in self-defense (“I know that son of a bitch was going after my gun safe”) or killed by the police (“Sure, I had the wrong address, but he came at me with a gun”).

I do have some sympathy for self defense, although in practice it can be pretty damn problematic. I’m not just thinking of my last example, but guys like the gentleman from my home town who shot at some poor kid who made the mistake of knocking on his door.

3 Likes

Obligatory chaser to this ghoulish depredation…

8 Likes

Nice. I nearly linked to Love/Hate’s Blackout in the Red Room and nobody needs that :grimacing:

My musical past comes back to haunt me wherever I go…

3 Likes

Damn shame what they did to that dog.

10 Likes