New Netflix series: "How to Build a Sex Room"

Originally published at: New Netflix series: "How to Build a Sex Room" | Boing Boing

snl season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I mean, I know WHY people would want this room… I’m just curious why Netflix thought we needed a show about it…

15 Likes

I’m exceedingly unlikely to watch it, but nevertheless think it’s slightly more interesting than shows about kitchen or bathroom renovations. I’ve seen plenty of kitchens and bathrooms. Not so many sexrooms.

19 Likes

I Guess Winona Ryder GIF by filmeditor

13 Likes

Certainly a fun specialty construction market in the making. Why should boudoir photographers have all the fun?

I look forward to some entertaining work truck graphics. You know, for the neighborhood.

9 Likes

In my day we worked on a sex farm and we liked it! Hell, we loved it!

13 Likes

Step 1: have the kind of ridiculous money that allows you to devote a whole room of your home to a custom-designed sex room.

14 Likes

It’s the cleaning service that’s driving up the cost!

MerryMaids: “What’s that? You have a sex room? Ok, that puts you in our top tier pricing structure.”

12 Likes

Hm. I foresee some interesting additions at Home Depot.

8 Likes

Imgur

37 Likes

Yeah, thanks Netflix, I really don’t need advice from amateurs.

If you have space enough to dedicate a room then you’re playing on the easy level anyway. Let’s see what you can do with the limitation that everything has to be either deniable or easy to store / conceal.

15 Likes

Okay… so now they should do a show for sex rooms, but on a working class budget.

13 Likes

I mean, you can definitely do something like that on a budget, but these renovation shows never show the average renovation people do, like a new counter top and backsplash and some paint on the cabinets. No, no, they rip the whole thing apart and put Italian marble and stainless steel appliances everywhere.

Anyway:

6 Likes

I thought it was the pelvic thrus- Oh wait. Never mind. /rimshot

Some of the rigging? Yes. (rings, quick links, etc.) Ropes? No. too rough.

Entirely possible and more cost effective than people might think.

2 Likes

Especially if they already have a Man Cave.

2 Likes

Who are these people who restrict themselves to one room?

12 Likes

Rich people have a way of making even the most scintillating things tedious.

6 Likes

13 Likes

The question isn’t “can you afford to build a sex room,” the question is can you afford not to ?

8 Likes

Back in the day we just had cardboard box sex rooms.

12 Likes