Murderer Kyle Rittenhouse survives on the attention economy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/17/murderer-kyle-rittenhouse-survives-on-the-attention-economy.html

8 Likes

It’s almost certainly not the school booking him, but rather one of the student-run clubs: “Students for Fascism” or some such. When I was a student, a club I was an officer of booked James Randi as a speaker in a similar way. While there may be some question about funding Rittenhouse’s speaking fee (ours was via a grant from the school) I’m not sure how much latitude they would have (or that they think they would have) in discriminating grants or facilities based on the vileness of the proposed speaker.

9 Likes

Holy shit, KENT STATE? The same Kent State where National Guardsmen gunned down 9 unarmed students and killed 4 of them? Why, Kent State? Did they take some publicity shots of him making “shooty fingers” in front of the memorial? I just…what…help…

ETA: I misremembered. Wounded 9 students and killed 4, for a total of 13 victims, not 9.

25 Likes

100%, Ben Shapiro’s whole deal is astroturfing and supporting these groups so they can get corporate $$ to grifters for getting them in front of college kids.

12 Likes

He murdered two people when he was a CHILD. That will mess anybody up. Then again, he was already messed up.

7 Likes

There’s something about the Rittenhouse saga which examplifies a lot of what has gone wrong in America.

7 Likes

Yeah, and looking at the sorts of people that various “college Republican” groups have brought to schools in the last ten years or so, they clearly only function as campus tr0lls at this point. Which is really telling about the future of American conservative politics.

7 Likes

It’s quite possible that the bunk of the cost is being picked up by an outside right wing group.

3 Likes

He’ll end up fragged by the right soon.

4 Likes

“Very peaceful!” mouthshits the garbage person who’s only life accomplishment will be to kill two people.

4 Likes

Evil little grifting sh*tbag.

4 Likes

I wonder how long he can live on his dwindling attention.

Evidently he is so damn dumb, he flunked ASVAB so hard that he wasn’t allowed to retake it. Do you know dense you have to be to fail ASVAB so badly even the Marines won’t take you?

7 Likes

A hero who managed to defend himself against two unarmed men, even though he only had an AR15 assault rifle

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.