Kyle Rittenhouse is a featured speaker at Turning Point USA event

Originally published at: Kyle Rittenhouse is a featured speaker at Turning Point USA event | Boing Boing

2 Likes

What does a 17 year old murderer have to say that any sane, decent person would want to hear?

Ah, it doesn’t even matter; you said ‘TP,’ so no one like that will be in attendance.

47 Likes

22 Likes

Jean Harlow Lol GIF by Maudit

23 Likes

Yeah that whole “trying to distance himself from white supremacists” thing disappeared the minute someone pulled out their checkbook.

If there was ever a point in his life when he had a chance at self-reflection and redemption for his actions it is long gone now.

32 Likes

The Crying Murderer…
giphy

18 Likes

You’d think, given the track records of others, but I don’t give up completely on people that quickly, especially young ones.

https://sites.duke.edu/apep/module-3-alcohol-cell-suicide-and-the-adolescent-brain/content-brain-maturation-is-complete-at-about-24-years-of-age/

Ding dang One Box: “Brain Maturation is Complete at About 24 Years of Age”

10 Likes

Fair point, but what are the odds of wrestling him away from the MAGA crowd in time for his brain to mature into something resembling that of a well-adjusted human being?

15 Likes

Odds? Right, very low, though as I said, I don’t “completely” give up on young people who’ve gone astray (and worse).

Fingers crossed that he’ll come around. It’s not impossible.

13 Likes

I wonder who’s gonna write his speech. They better use lots of short words.

1 Like

Is his mom driving him again?

11 Likes

Gee, how can you top the original performance?

25 Likes

What are his credentials as a speaker aside from being driven across state lines with a weapon by his mom, shooting a bunch of libs, and getting away with it in court? What vast institutional edification is this child going to impart that won’t be written for him by wingnut handlers?

15 Likes

My sympathy goes to the families of his victims, to people who loved and supported them. The fact that this little murdering punk can now go out and make a profit of their deaths must be especially painful. He’s prancing around in a suit smiling while his victims wore one last suit slit up the back to be tucked in a box. If I were in his place I think it would be wise to maintain a low profile and stay out of the crosshairs of people who may feel threatened by his presence.

17 Likes

Well, he’s literally only there because he murdered some people (and got away with it), so what he has to say obviously isn’t of interest by those attending. His presence is pure symbolism, of the nastiest, most fascist variety.

Yeah, his every public appearance, his every fee paid by right-wing groups, every advantage and job given to him by these people will be for one reason and one reason only - that he murdered those people, and everyone knows it. There’s not even a fig-leaf of deniability here, as he’s notable for literally nothing else. It’ll just be constant gut-punches to the families and loved ones of those he killed.

22 Likes

Well, considering this homicidal nutjob spoke up at a TPUSA event, it seems pretty on-brand for them. Murdering people for sport seems to be their stock-in-trade now.

10 Likes

That’s what I’ve found funny about all these Republicans offering him internships and stuff. Has he even said if he’s a Republican? I mean he hasn’t authored policy memos, done any political activism, or seemingly showed any real interest in politics. He wasn’t even voting age until recently. Almost as if something about him just makes them assume he’s one of them….?

12 Likes

They sure have a lot of speakers at that event. A lot of terrible, terrible speakers.

3 Likes

They should sue in civil court; I know I would.

Sue that fucker until he’s dead, whenever that is.

15 Likes

Murder? Feh! Meet rich influential people. Get on TV. Have your face and name out there.

This is his brass ring. A one-shot deal. Take advantage when given a once in a lifetime opportunity. Who knows? This may get him into Congress.

1 Like