In interview, Rittenhouse disavows QAnon and says Lin Wood is insane

Originally published at: In interview, Rittenhouse disavows QAnon and says Lin Wood is insane | Boing Boing

6 Likes

29 Likes

Rittenhouse, everyone who’s trying to be his friend & everyone who’s trying to get his supporters to be their supporters

17 Likes

They quickly recovered, though, and spun the moment into their tangled mythology. The Rittenhouse on TV, you see, isn’t the the real Christian Defender of the Coming Kingdom of God on Earth. He, or rather “it,” is a robot that resembles and talks like Rittenhouse. RoboRittenhouse is a false-flag operation being used by reptilian adrenochrome-drinkers to to make QAnon look silly. But all will be exposed soon.

I can’t tell if that’s a joke and I’m afraid to go check.

37 Likes

My wife was telling me he also made a statement ON Tucker’s show that "“I’m not a racist person. I support the BLM movement, I support peacefully demonstrating,”

Now whether you believe that or not, he said it. It’s on the record that he supports BLM. And that ABSOLUTELY drove the racist right CRAZY. Family members back home sent out “Brown Alerts” on Rittenhouse.

17 Likes

…because they owe me money!

13 Likes

I’d think that maybe his current lawyers were giving him good long-term advice, except that he also went down to Mar-a-Lago to pose with the former guy.

I suppose this distances him from the nutters while keeping the funding channels open in case of further legal battles.

15 Likes

I know this is off topic but someone should track AR15 sales post-verdict and compare them to pre-verdict.

10 Likes

He’s not racist, he will hunt any sort of person for sport. /s

21 Likes

Forgive me for asking, but I’m definitely not going to search that: what’s a “brown alert”?

12 Likes

They done pooped their pants?

17 Likes

That seems to track

8 Likes

I can’t see this as anything other than laying a foundation for potential defamation claims against news outlets that called him a white supremacist: “I can’t be a white supremacist! Look, I said I support BLM!”

15 Likes

Oh boy. It means, basically, he’s not a supporter of “the white race.” My family is… well. Of all stripes. And unfortunately, not all of them are like this, and my mom isn’t, but she has stage 4 cancer and is fighting it and I’m expected to “not cause drama” for her by unfollowing or standing up to it, so, I just … see it on facebook and the family mailing list.

14 Likes

Well, that’s the thing, right? I mean, WE aren’t going to believe it on the left either way, so the only people he was saying it to were those on the right. “Laying a foundation” or not, he said it to an audience that absolutely didn’t want to hear that from him.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for posting this

9 Likes

I figure he’s making these statements now, so his lawyers can trot them back out during the inevitable civil suits. (Not sure it’s even a valid strategy other than fertilizing potential jurors.)

7 Likes

Well, no, probably not. Because he got away with killing BLM supporters, and since he shot white people, he can say he’s not racist, and have many people believe that. He’s still acting as a poison pill for authoritarianism and for the belief that the only real racism is the extreme end of it, not the whole ball of wax…

The current wave of white supremacists also soft-peddle their racism. This is precisely what they want people to believe, that if you’re not openly pushing white supremacy, then you’re not understood as a racist. They WANT him to openly reject violent racism, while acting to preserve it.

26 Likes

Thanks for telling me. I’m sorry that you face that kind of thing in your family chat.

5 Likes

6 Likes