Kyle Rittenhouse broods after venues — including tonight's — keep canceling on him

Originally published at: Kyle Rittenhouse broods after venues — including tonight's — keep canceling on him | Boing Boing

20 Likes

Hey Kyle, knock knock
“Who’s there?”
Banana.
“Banana who?”
Knock knock
“Who’s there?”
Banana.
“Banana who?”
Knock knock
“Who’s there?”
Banana.
“Banana who?”
Knock knock
“Who’s there?”
Orange
“Orange who?”
ORANGE YA GLAD SOME IDIOT TEENAGER DIDN’T SHOOT YOU DEAD WITH AN AR-15?!

46 Likes

53 Likes

I have a conservative colleague who is also very concerned about attacks on free speech, and how Twitter blocks users, and voices are being silenced, and so on. I once asked him how he felt about the “Don’t Say Gay” laws in Florida and elsewhere… weren’t those laws an example of censorship, of government over-reach? And did he know that the American Library Association has logged record numbers of challenges to books, and that conservative groups (not “woke” liberal groups) were behind every single challenge?

I also asked if either of us had the freedom to just say literally anything we wanted to at work, to anyone, with no consequences? I answered, of course not, we have very strict rules about that, because we’re an organization with codes of conduct. And I reminded him that social media outlets are also organizations with codes of conduct.

I know it’s asking a lot, but I really wish “free speech” idiots would think about things like “Don’t Say Gay” laws or book bans. They are literally examples of what they’re boo-hoo-ing about.

82 Likes

Sounds like someone doesn’t like the free market.

31 Likes

It’s not censorship when THEY do it. It’s “fixing America’s Moral judgement from GOD”

23 Likes

He literally killed people and got away with it to get on that stage and is pissed that some people don’t want him up there because of what he did. This should be like the Chicago Cubs winning the World Series joke that ran for decades. I can see it now “this just in, Kyle What’s-his-name finally got paid to talk in front of people.”

29 Likes

They don’t care.

black and white film GIF

18 Likes

If this fascist crybaby wants to be immortalised as a right-wing martyr, he really should read up on Horst Wessel.

25 Likes

The “get away with murder kid” gets a lot of news coverage and is quoted quite frequently in the press, for someone who won’t shut up about how silenced he is. Since murderers aren’t a protected class of citizens, venues should be completely free to only cater to the non-murdering public.

28 Likes

54 Likes

Rittenhouse is an unrepentant murderer, but even if his actions had been justified somehow I don’t see how killing two people in the street ought to make him a sought-out public speaker.

There are lots of people who have carried out acts of arguably justifiable homicide, such as people who fought for a morally justifiable cause in war or people who killed defending themselves or their families from violent attackers. But you rarely see those people touring the country demanding speaking fees to talk about the time they ended someone’s life.

48 Likes

Yeah, it was never disputed that he didn’t kill two men with AR 15. You can say he was accused of murder charges, but he did kill two people no accusation there just say it.

24 Likes

Yeah, he’s literally only famous for having killed two people; that’s the only notable thing that he’s ever done in his life. Why the fuck does he think that action means he deserves a stage? That anyone thinks he does shows the absolute moral depravity of the American right.

I’d go further than that: you don’t see those people at all, from other political leanings. (And not just because the cops tend to murder them.) The closest you might see is someone who was known for other things that also happens to have killed someone. They’re touring despite that, not because of it, and certainly not because of that and that only.

24 Likes

You don’t have to say “accused,” since it’s an accepted fact that he killed them.

26 Likes

You’d be surprised how many lawyers will seek out specific kinds of language just to throw out C&D and shut down any and all criticism, especially of beloved figures on the right. So, yeah… they probably need to cover their asses and use that kind of language to avoid being targeted by frivolous lawsuits.

22 Likes

Here’s the short, short version of the conservative theory of “free speech”:

It’s illegitimate, bordering on tyrannical, for one private person to refuse to give another private person a venue to say whatever they want. “Free speech” means you can, and should, and must, be forced to host everyone and anyone’s speech, without criticism, because criticism is indistinguishable from censorship.

17 Likes

Everyone and anyone meaning them, and not anyone who is critical of them.

32 Likes

Less so, but he’s also a bit famous for punching that teenage girl on video.

13 Likes

I know that was a rhetorical question, but he’s a sought-out public speaker because he realized the ammosexual fantasy of a private citizen actually using an open carry law to kill people with his expensive and dangerous toy.

He not only did it, but did it twice in one night. Plus his victims’ profiles make what he did even more exciting for gun fetishists who dream of being the Good Guy with a Gun: Both men he killed had extensive arrest records; one was even a convicted child molester with a Jewish name (which is like the holy grail of right-wing boogeymen); and neither was Black so they don’t have to worry about being called racist for supporting him.

24 Likes