Murdoch tabloid gives nod to Labour Party in UK election

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/03/murdoch-tabloid-gives-nod-to-labour-party-in-uk-election.html

3 Likes

I’m suprised the S*n didn’t back Starmer earlier.

7 Likes

Will Rishi actually lose his seat?? How many Tory MPs will place big wagers that he will? And exactly where in California will Rishi move to afterwards? How many miles will that be from Harry and Meghan? Tune in tomorrow for another episode of “Parliament on the Piddle” (trust me, we yanks envy it over ‘washingon.d.c in ashes’ or ‘WTFrance!?’)

7 Likes

Has Murdoch’s Sun ever had respect, outside of dudes who like to see boobs along with the news?

7 Likes
11 Likes

I was profoundly tempted to do a page 3 Starmer but even I have limits.

12 Likes

Apparently the insider gossip is that they’ve had to be pushed into a very grudging endorsement, because Starmer was involved in the phone hacking prosecutions.

3 Likes

Ha! They are just trying to prove they had a hand in it. So many people are hoping that the tories will be dead meat, even Murdoch can’t ignore it. The Sun will be back to its regular tit, bum and touch yer forelock before the end of the week.

3 Likes

Little Blighty on the Down?

3 Likes

Fuck, I wish Murdoch would just die already.

12 Likes

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

8 Likes

According to Private Eye, the Dirty Digger bought Elena Zhukova a laboratory for his wedding gift to her, with the aim of eternal life.

5 Likes

… Santa Monica, in Los Angeles

Rishi Sunak’s California escape hatch: His $7.2 million beach home

7 Likes

I hope richie sunak loses his seat, and Count Binface gets more votes than he!

10 Likes

As some one from Liverpool, I dont know why any one would care what the S*n thinks.

Burn it down and burry the ashes to history.

8 Likes

Oh no - He’s pledged* to stay in Tory politics if he wins his seat. I want him on those backbenches as miserable as fuck for 4+ years.

*Pledge values can go down.

7 Likes

Too much to hope that they’ll be the new Minivan Party, but some small vehicle would be nice.

3 Likes

PEA

5 Likes

They don’t deserve anything that good.

5 Likes

You’re so right!
I didn’t feel like hunting for a wrecked one, but I think this may be sufficient for their needs:

ETA:
Oh, I have a couple on my ahem drive!

5 Likes