Music: "Eye of the Tiger," Survivor (1982)

Man, that’s a fucking good song. It’s the first song I remember actually liking that wasn’t from sesame street. Yep, that dates me. I was 5 years old when it came out.

2 Likes

I loved that song as a kid.

1 Like

I prefer the Supernatural LipDub:

Tell me about it. I was in high school in the mid-80s at a rural school district where our mascot was, you guessed it: the Tigers.

Cue this song at every assembly/mandatory pep rally, played badly on brass instruments by freshmen, until legal adulthood when escape was possible.

2 Likes

I went to High School in Dallas in the early 70’s. W.T. White (and it was; they had to import people of color – and they sat … over there). I wasn’t at all interested in football. In fact, really did not understand the rules. I hated the Cowboys mainly because the fans were obnoxious twats. And I really couldn’t wait to put HS behind me with all that Longhorns/burnt orange/Eyes of Texas crap. I attended the University of Texas. Little did I know… Pretty much demonstrates my disinterest in football. [kinda learned to like the game in college tho; still really hated obnoxious fans]

1 Like

Well damn, I stand corrected.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.