There's going to be a Creed/Rocky "cinematic universe"

Originally published at: There's going to be a Creed/Rocky "cinematic universe" | Boing Boing

1 Like

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

5 Likes

Scrooge Mcduck Trump GIF

5 Likes

Is there really demand for a Rocky/Creed cinematic universe? Kind of like the Universal Studios’ Monsters cinematic universe?

donald duck disney GIF

I guess I’m not the target audience. I haven’t even seen any of the original Rocky sequels. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I mean there are 6 Rocky Movies, 3 Creed movies already out there, and another Rocky movie, another Creed movie, and a Drago movie in various stages of production.

There already IS a Rocky/Creed cinematic universe.

13 Likes

There’s also been crossovers between the Rockyverse and the Marvel Universe.

Plus the robot from Rocky IV even had a role in that Aquaman movie!

11 Likes
7 Likes

Remember the Rambo Saturday-morning cartoon? (Of course R-rated movies got cartoons all the time back then.)

It’s amusing to envision a Rocky cartoon wherein Rocky goes around punching things in different episodes, but eh, there have been countless well-regarded boxing anime series at this point; they could probably completely recycle one of those and make decent money. There’s already been much said about how Creed III owes a lot to anime.

2 Likes

Rocky already had his own TV series.

10 Likes

Not to mention video games, comic books, and novelizations. At least some of the movies are actually very good. (And some… not so much.)

1 Like

The one where Rocky travels to Burma is supposedly pretty good.

Will the franchise be called, “Fist & Furious”?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.