Musk brings Tesla's HQ back to California

The guy saying that is from the Mirror Universe, where the Wright Brothers made war machines, Zefram Cochrane gunned down the Vulcan contact team, and Elon Musk … was probably much the same.

16 Likes

Hank Scorpio is the very picture of charm and class compared to Musk’s incel-appeal.

7 Likes

Hank Scorpio is a great boss! He turned Homer Simpson into a happy motivated effective worker.

12 Likes

Well, they handed him a $23 billion dollar bonus in 2022, if you consider that oversight. Elon Musk poised to collect $23bn bonus as Tesla beats targets | Executive pay and bonuses | The Guardian

7 Likes

Ditto for the entertainment industry, I imagine.

A couple years ago Disney announced that they would be relocating their Imagineering group to Florida to take advantage of some tax breaks. Officially the plan is still happening, but it’s been delayed by several years. Turns out that it can be tricky to convince thousands of top-tier creative types with special skills and experience to uproot their lives from California to Florida, especially when Florida is so actively hostile towards several marginalized groups.

14 Likes

Ever since Futurama, every time I hear “Imagineering” I think of:

9 Likes

An Imagineer that I know was fond of quoting Bender from that episode whenever she got frustrated at work.

giphy

Also, fun fact:
Elements of that show, especially the title, were inspired by a ride built for the World’s Fair in 1939.

14 Likes

“ The electric-carmaker’s stock lost 65% of its value in 2022.”

I think there might be a legal argument from other shareholders that the board hasn’t exercised its fiduciary responsibilities responsibly.

17 Likes

TY. Anytime I see Gilda’s face it’s an immediate smile on mine!

4 Likes

Obligs:

GIF by WWF Deutschland

10 Likes

If he wanted a “more conservative version of Silicon Valley, with no state income tax” the obvious place to go would have been Seattle

but that wouldn’t have pwned the libs properly

8 Likes

I know, right? I’d be happy to lose 65% of Tesla’s value for a mere $2 Billion!

4 Likes

Grrrr, better not have.

3 Likes

One fun thing it means is that if someone sues Tesla, they can jurisdiction shop. Most of the time, that would probably mean suing them in California.

5 Likes

Conservative media (and people) made so much hay when Tesla moved to Texas. They screamed from mountaintops that it was the very definiton of how conservative politics are better and California is a failed state and blah blah blah.

I’m guessing not a peep on this move back. Fox will certainly not be talking about it.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.