Musk paid accused rapist and human trafficker Andrew Tate over $20,000 for posting to Twitter

So… I’m just going to start referring to Musk as financing human trafficking every time I mention him online, which I find myself doing depressingly often.

9 Likes

Seems logical enough:

Pedo Guy supports sex traffickers.

22 Likes

phoebe cates christmas movies GIF
/S

6 Likes

creep GIF

13 Likes

Know your audience…

3 Likes

People who don’t know the Law of Holes?

6 Likes

:+1: yep

4 Likes

“Terminal brainworms” is a catchy name for it. Another, older one with quite a bit of baggage is “evil”.

Musk has willingly and deliberately aligned himself with vile people spreading hate, lies and bigotry, and pursuing disgusting crimes. He’s an evil man, who does evil. And like so often happens, his evil is irrational and self-destructive; he’s doing evil despite it hollows himself out further, and destroys his fortune, reputation, and company. In fact, he’s probably doing it because it’s self-destructive by now, in some attempt to “own the libs” or something. Evil makes you stupid.

10 Likes

I’ve described the people I knew who got hardcore into black magic as having become empty shells.

Evil has never made anything grow that’s worthwhile, nor worth keeping around.

7 Likes
7 Likes

So, Musk isn’t even pretending otherwise, anymore - he’s just openly trying to turn Twitter into a haven for right-wing shit-stains.

His promise to share ad revenue with those who have “popular” tweets was always suspect - though doubly so now that ad revenue is so obviously cratering. (And cannibalizing itself, too. Twitter apparently started putting ads in videos - including videos which themselves were paid ads. I’m sure that made anyone who paid for a promoted tweet super happy.) All those 8-buck-chuckleheads paying to “increase their reach” aren’t getting enough views that anyone could pretend the ad revenue sharing would ever happen for them. This becomes an artificial way to suggest such a program without it actually existing.

Everything he did previously to help the right-wing tr0lls on Twitter wasn’t technically specific to them - there was still some plausible deniability to it all, if you wanted to be very generous; that’s not the case here anymore. He’s arbitrarily giving money to these creeps because they’re creeps he wants to encourage, and he’s not even pretending it’s part of some wider program that other “creators” can benefit from.

7 Likes

Musk just kicked off the Shitstain Gold Rush of '23.

4 Likes

@frauenfelder correction in your last sentence - Twitter is alleged to owe $500 million, not $500,000.

4 Likes

That’s a lot of prison pizza.

and what advertiser wouldn’t want to be part of the engagement of the next Gamergate? so fun.

6 Likes

…guess it’s not a smart time to be posting “Hey, this is the beach by my grandpa’s house!”.

But it is. The location, I mean.

That definitely hits a bit of what I was feeling about it.

2 Likes

… um, it’s not making any money, and he’ll never get back what he paid for it?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/15/business/twitter-cash-flow-elon-musk/index.html

4 Likes

When you start out paying twice the company’s perceived value because it meant the per-share value was a meme number, you’re never making back what you paid for it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.