Twitter owes former workers $500m in unpaid severance payments

Originally published at: Twitter owes former workers $500m in unpaid severance payments | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Everyone except the fanbois saw this coming from day one of Musk’s ownership.

24 Likes

Yep. Employees are expected to commit to a “hardcore” effort with “long hours at high intensity”

In return, the company will do…whatever it wants, even if it’s less than previously agreed upon.

19 Likes

Twitter isn’t alone in that syndrome, of course, but The Boy Genius has transformed it into an auto-immune disease.

14 Likes

I’m sure Elon is good for it… :thinking::roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Waiting for the Sheriff to put locks on the doors & start auctioning off their assets- like the pillow guy.

17 Likes

They already did, six months ago:

12 Likes

Weird, I just saw a bunch of right wing goons thanking Musk for payments for content creation/engagement as shares of ad revenue. Wonder if they will actually get paid?

6 Likes

I really feel for those employees. Most tech jobs are gruelling- long hours, high expectations, no social life outside of work, never see your kids, etc. But you do it because the money is really good and there’s a payout at the end (either options or severance). They must be so furious and frustrated at not getting paid what they are owed.

12 Likes

I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to that arrrgh! *+&%#%@! getting its comeuppance.

11 Likes

Yeah, about as likely as merkin von bankrupt and rootin’ tootin’ vladimir putin’s intarwebz trollz getting their paychecks, as I delight in pointing out to them.

5 Likes

Seems like, based on all the things Elno has done since he took over, that he decided that because he bought the company, he owns the assets, but because he didn’t sign any of the existing agreements, he didn’t have any of the liabilities…

Also, Elno didn’t pay the rent on their offices… they stayed in the SF space despite not paying (I assume they eventually resumed payments), but they got kicked out of a lot of their offices around the world. (Suddenly Elno was a proponent of work-from-home, but only in some countries…)

7 Likes

@beschizza Hi, can you not link to @#$% Threads? Elon Musk's Jet (@elonjet@mastodon.social) - Mastodon

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.