Musk threatens advertisers as his platform spirals downward

Nope. That was only if external forces (regulatory agencies stopped it / couldn’t get financing). He was stuck.

3 Likes

Hmmm actually if I consider that selling that much of his main assets (stocks in his companies) could run further afoul of the SEC and cause issues with his more functional associated brands… I dunno… I can kind of see where even some one like him would have a real “oh shit” moment. But he’s clearly trying to make the best of it… for himself.

I’m don’t know that much about big money OR big business really but my understanding is the way that kind of wealth pool exists in the economy, once it exists in an economy, is such that moving it has consequences and can cause damage when done recklessly… but damned if I know enough to be certain that’s true or how much it matters. But what I do know is that previously he had been moving large amounts of money recklessly for some time in a way that seemed to be raising questions with authorities and regulators.

3 Likes

Spiraling downward, while threatening the very people who supported him. That’s so Trumpian.

1 Like

I think this one. He wanted a Nazi bar. He rolled out the red swastikas as quickly as he could. The alt-right has this weird delusion that they are the silent majority (thanks Nixon) no matter how much evidence to the contrary is shown. It’s why they think queer marketing is an evil conspiracy instead of corporations making rational decisions, and why people keep trying to start fascist social media sites and are baffled when they fail.

I’m willing to bet some part of Musk really believed that if he Nazied up the place, money would pour in.

9 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.