Musk told Trump that Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings "not as scary as people think." Trump: "That's great."

Originally published at: Trump agrees: Nuclear weapons "not as scary" according to Musk - Boing Boing

17 Likes

They really believe those old PSAs…

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

Even as a cartoon, the bombs were horrifying. Two babacas can only say a lot of babaquices.

28 Likes

Solipsists; they believe they are rich enough that they will be impervious to nuclear fucking fallout

46 Likes

I doubt you could find two less suitable people to weigh in on unfathomably horrible and complicated historical events like this.

70 Likes

It is cool supporting wars when you have bonespurs…

33 Likes

The Black Death wasn’t all that bad; Europe is now full of people again.

66 Likes

Musk’s keeps obsessing about there not being enough human population, and yet apparently he thinks we should worry less about weapons killing hundreds of thousands at a time. I wonder what makes those people different to him. :thinking:

40 Likes

Literally the only upside of nuclear warfare is that it’s such a terrifying prospect that it has reigned in humanity’s millennia-long predilection for direct, full-scale conflict between major world powers (even if it doesn’t always feel that way).

The day we cease to fear the next atomic holocaust is the day we guarantee it happens.

53 Likes

Do they want nuclear annihilation? Because that’s how we get nuclear annihilation.

35 Likes

Robert Mercer had a pet wackjob who thought nuclear war would be just great. (He also has a vast human urine collection.)

I wouldn’t surprised if that insanity is floating around the TESCREAL crowd, who somehow think they’d be spared.

26 Likes

The fact that media are reporting this circle-jerk as an “interview” is laughable. Musk is a journalist, now? I guess when you’re rich, they’ll call you anything you want. Grrrr.

36 Likes

Well yes. I’m old enough to remember the 2008-12 economic crisis/long recession/bail out of the rich/“austerity” and voluntary impoverishment of those already not rich. People did, well right wing extremists did, argue that in the old days the economy would have recovered faster because they would just have a good old fashioned famine.

They felt they couldn’t get away with that so “austerity” was what they could get away with.

I’m sure Apartheid Edison and The Orange White Supremacist would like a do over of that.

23 Likes

But like what if it was… like a job interview kinda thing?
Oh wait, maybe the one guy is gonna hire the other guy?
They can “pay” each other by either kiting checks or just ignoring all those incoming payable invoices, just like they always do.

16 Likes

He should read some of the first hand accounts. Nightmare fuel. People who looked like they were wearing rags but it was skin hanging off their bodies, people rotting alive because their immune systems were destroyed.

28 Likes

IMG_3745

18 Likes

I think Musk actually wants to kill out most of the humans on earth and believes he can personally repopulate it with better humans. He’s dangerously insane. Both he and Trump are weird sick fucks with nothing good to offer humanity or the world.

37 Likes

Assume no nickname I use for Space Karen is my invention.
Many, many people have done the work.

21 Likes

He’s Dilbert Stark! He can do anything, all by himself!

24 Likes

In the film adaptation, Hugo Drax is a billionaire who owns Drax Industries, a private company which constructs Space Shuttles for NASA.

I think Bond villain has become an aspiration for the modern billionaire. I don’t know what will happen when they realise that only one of them can be Blofeld.

29 Likes

He’s Ra’s al Ghul, the Dunning-Kruger version.

30 Likes