Musk told Trump that Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings "not as scary as people think." Trump: "That's great."

10 Likes

Right? He’s always been a bit… weird… but because he had somehow managed to convince a shitload of people that he was a “genius”, they were willing to overlook that and see it as further evidence of his “genius”…

7 Likes

I wonder if they would consider giving the same speech about the 9/11 attacks.

2 Likes

He’s definitely struck observant people as not all there; but great numbers of people, like media people you mention, have been lulled or comforted or otherwise not suspicious enough to push back on because of his manner. He has the sound (what a dog or a bird can observe) of a reasonable, moderate person. If you actually listen…… :grimacing: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

To me, he sounded like a poser faking being “a genius” from the very first time I heard him speak in an interview.

7 Likes

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

As I was saying…

4 Likes

Does he, though?

7 Likes

Hm… I think this original comment is not landing. I am not saying that I, or the regulars here, think EM sounds reasonable. Is that what you heard? I’m describing a larger phenomenon, also observable around the Cheeto, where many many people are convinced. Conned. Taking the words at face value. Is that what you disagree with? I’m not commenting on my or your perceptions. I’m talking about how dreadful people can somehow gain undue influence (and it’s not always through excessive wealth). I can’t listen to Cheeto, or Musk, or Scalia, or any number of scabrous abusive figures, because I can hear them lying. I can hear their falsity, as soon as they start. But not everyone can. The existence of devoted fans of Cheeto, weeping and gasping in admiration at his rally “speeches” makes this clear.

2 Likes

I think anyone who continued to think that after 1. The cave rescue idiocy, and 2. The twitter acquisition debacle is not living in the same reality as the rest of us.

8 Likes

maybe elmo should stand next to a bomb and experience it for himself

3 Likes

Oh, good that there’s a transcript. I refuse to listen to any of it. I shudder any time I hear Trump’s voice.

From Elon’s intro in said transcript:

And this is really aimed at kind of open-minded, independent voters who are just trying to make up their mind

So when is your conversation with Kamala for those open-minded independent voters?

8 Likes

Trump’s is on record saying at the time that with WTC down, his tower was now the tallest building in NYC.
So, yes.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.