Trump's nuclear holocaust is "way bigger than the old Holocaust"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/12/too-much-fucking-perspective.html

4 Likes

I’m going to take this a bit out of context but this basically describes how I feel,

"… this is not America.
A little piece of you
The little peace in me
Will die (This is not a miracle)
For this is not America "

5 Likes

Sha la la la la, sha la la la la, sha la la la la

3 Likes

I am not laughing so hard right now.

7 Likes

This about sums it up for me. This song has become my anthem recently.

How long before the hate that we hold
Lead us to another Holocaust?
Are we so deep in it that we can’t end it?
Stop, hold, ever call it off
It’s too clear, nuclear’s too near
And the holders of the molotov
Say that "Revolution’s right here, right now"
And they ain’t callin’ off

5 Likes

7 Likes

A major nuclear exchange might kill billions rather than hundreds of millions. The Northern Hemisphere could well be totally depopulated even if it was “only” India vs Pakistan.
The real question is how we, as a species, have got this far despite our tendency to let psychopaths and narcissists run things.

8 Likes

Since this has turned into a music thread, here is a more upbeat version:

10 Likes

It’s likely that the number of people who died from the ensuing social and economic collapse would be greater than the number of people killed in the exchange itself. Heck, you could cause mass starvation just by taking out a handful of key agricultural regions and transportation hubs.

8 Likes

Remember when the Simpsons writers satirized the absurd idea of a Trump presidency that was too catastrophic to consider as anything other than parody?

Good times…

12 Likes

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9a/9a54a09ec55ad61c3e4e8a7d0d7841fdc13a30aaa1098c114ea4c686d8a0c235.jpg

4 Likes

This is so amazingly spot-on and so it made me smile, and it is simultaneously so fucking depressing because it is so spot-on.

3 Likes

Behind Trump, there’s Bannon. Lurking in the background behind Bannon, there’s Robert Mercer. Behind him, there’s wackjob Arthur Robinson, who was a hotshot bio researcher until he took the exit to crazytown. (He has 14,000 bottles of human urine in his fridge.)

He thinks a little radiation is great and does a person good. (I invite him to lick a radium paintbrush frequently.)

The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency March 17, 2017, Jane Mayer, New Yorker

Robinson appears to be the source of Robert Mercer’s sanguine view of nuclear radiation: in 1986, Robinson co-authored a book suggesting that the vast majority of Americans would survive “an all-out atomic attack on the United States.”

3 Likes

https://giphy.com/gifs/studiosoriginals-gloria-domitille-collardey-business-woman-3o7TKvyqmeBopwMzLO

As usual, this shows the weak spots in CNN’s biased journalism- Literally no mention of the economy. You’d think that an article on such a major event would include comprehensive coverage of the stock market’s reaction and likely short-term future.

Is this a difficult time for insurance companies due to sudden claims, or does the lack of beneficiaries translate to a major win in the next quarter? What about the pesticide industry now that cockroaches have become the planet’s dominant life form? Will DOW rebound, or is it time to sell sell sell?

Jim Cramer would never have put together a shoddy piece of reporting like this.

7 Likes

Perhaps he’s a cockroach and he’s thinking about his fellow cockroaches.

1 Like

That must be one hellova fridge!

2 Likes

And losing a few blue cities would do wonders for the popular vote. (Percentage, if not total number.)

1 Like

Just as long as there isn’t a mine shaft gap…

1 Like

It seems so much easier just to wait for climate change to accomplish that.