Muslim ban promise mysteriously vanishes from Trump's website; GOP regulars in line for top posts

You should do just a touch more research into the SCOTUS.

10 Likes

It’s back.

7 Likes

Fucking Center for Security Policy again.

He’s fucking president and using up to date publications from racist organizations.

2 Likes

How’s that hopelessy-changey-stuff workin’ out for ya?

1 Like

Well I’m not sure what it is gonna look like in 4 years and I hope to find someway to fight back but it sure isn’t gonna be better. While things didn’t get great under Obama (and I really didn’t think change was gonna happen that fast) they got a lot better than I thought even with me pretty much never getting a raise in that time and getting laid off last June. Now it looks that that is all going down the drain and it is going to be a long hard fight to get it back.
Fuck man I live in a neighborhood full of Somali immigrants and a mosque just a block away and they got enough shit after 9/11. I shudder to think what is going to be happening now.

8 Likes

From SPLC:

Founded in 1988 by former Reagan administration official Frank Gaffney, Jr., The Center for Security Policy (CSP) has gone from a respected hawkish think tank focused on foreign affairs to a conspiracy-oriented mouthpiece for the growing anti-Muslim movement in the United States.
Odd...that writeup doesn't say anything about economic anxiety.
1 Like

6 Likes

They won’t. And they won’t do anything.

It’s better to have any Republican in office than any Democrat, regardless of what the Republican is doing or the Democrat would have done. It’s just better. Because it is. Don’t you love America? If you did, you’d understand why.

5 Likes

Before the election, that was my assumption. But with his having been elected, the dynamics really change. He’s got the Congress behind him, and soon the Supreme Court as well. Not only that, but if this Trump media project takes off, he’s got that and Breitbart directly acting as his propaganda wing (and other reactionary media indirectly acting), creating their own version of reality to support him and scapegoat his enemies for his failures. The end result could be that no matter how much of a fuck-up Trump is, his core constituency wouldn’t ever know it, and everyone else would have enough of their votes suppressed that they couldn’t do anything about it. The Republicans would support him because they would benefit by being part of his machine (and the secret drivers of it, in fact). If they’re smart about this, the Republican party could end up in control of this country for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

Gee could it be you misunderstood from the beginning???
There was never a “Muslim Ban” proposed. What he said was he would stop Muslim immigration from specific areas (where terrorists are abundant) from immigration to America … (here is the important part) until such time as a verification process is in place!!!

BTW this is still found on his new website greatagain.com Which also lists all of his policies and plans as of now.

16 Likes

11 Likes

It’s all too easy to imagine that in 2020, the Democrats will decide another John Kerry is the best option.

On the other hand, it’s also easy to imagine that four years (or less?) of attempted presidency will wear him down to the point that he will willingly flee. Then again, Arnold managed eight years as Governor of California.

Ahh, speculation, the only solace.

5 Likes

https://embed.theguardian.com/embed/video/us-news/video/2015/dec/08/donald-trump-calls-for-complete-ban-on-muslims-entering-the-us-video

10 Likes

Fat chance. Get ready for Mark Cuban 2020.

###Please prove me wrong in 4 years.   PLEASE!   I’m begging!

3 Likes

the 4 years will feel like 8 (or ∞?)

6 Likes

For some people, it will feel like a lifetime–or at least the end of it.

6 Likes

It takes a lot less time to break things and fuck them up than it does to fix them.

10 Likes

Somebody please come knock on my door in 4 years and let me know if it is safe to come out yet…

12 Likes