Must-have travel gear - inexpensive zipper bags

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/31/must-have-travel-gear-inexpe-2.html

1 Like

I basically fetishize packing and “diddy” bags since I’ve discovered them.

1 Like

I took your advice a while back and grabbed some of these. They’re durable, inexpensive, a variety of sizes for various purposes. Thanks for the suggestion, @frauenfelder .

In addition to these zipper bags, I’d also recommend travellers buy packing cubes (the Amazon Basics ones get the job done). Watch a few packing videos, learn how to roll your clothes, and you can get two weeks’ worth of clothes in one carry-one. The cubes have been a game changer since I started using them a few years ago.

3 Likes

I’ve been rolling clothes since boot camp,
as only so much fits in a duffle
(Actually…a TON!)
I never gave up
the habit of rolling socks/clothes.
I use the zipper bags that
blankets, pjs, etc.
are often sold in.
Plus, rolled clothes don’t wrinkle!

1 Like

Definitely a fan of packing cubes - fantastic on long trips where you do stuff like pack all the clothes for one day, or for a special event - such as a party - in a single cube. And when you’ve worn those clothes, put them in a cube so you know what needs washing.

And I use lots of zipper bags when travelling. Before I get on the plane, all my documents - passport, visa, vaccination certificates, address where I’m be staying, insurance etc. go in a zip bag which sits in the laptop sleeve of my cabin backpack. That way it’s all at hand when I get to immigration.

And put another zip bag in the checked bag containing a with my phone number, email address, home and vacation addresses - just in case the airline sends my bags off on their own trip and the tags get lost.

1 Like

I do the same thing with various sizes of ZipLoc bags, which are likewise see-through and pretty durable. Cheap, easy to replace, and if a liquid spills it doesn’t spread through the entire suitcase.

3 Likes

also a high quality tiny scale for weighing small quantities of essential “bird seed”, that’s a must!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.