Mustard wine is now being made by Grey Poupon

Originally published at: Mustard wine is now being made by Grey Poupon | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Ketchup wine sounds horrible. But weirdly I bet tomato vodka is pretty good. Especially with some basil.

5 Likes

Now I’m imagining the commercial, with the second rich guy projectile vomiting on the first rich guy and his Rolls.

5 Likes

Isn’t tomato vodka essentially the precursor to a bloody mary?

All I know is I like Vokda V8s.

11 Likes

Was pleased to see Jason of Star Command needing the Grey Poupon.
Obligatory:

10 Likes

Yes I see that.

10 Likes

When surplus crap is sitting around some wise-ass thinks up shit like this. They get points for effort, always a landfill waiting in the wings to gobble it up when this gets tossed out.

5 Likes

It is. You have to add a ton of sugar to get a reasonable fermentation and the flavor is just regret.

It’s fine. Most of the flavors are lost in distillation, so it is just slightly sweet. One of the popular home distillation recipes is heavy on tomato to control the acidity and it gives a really neutral spirit.

8 Likes

I threw up in my mouth a little bit at Miracle Whip scotch. :face_vomiting:

Edited for grammar.

4 Likes

I interpreted tomato vodka as infused, not actually USING tomatoes. Is there anything someone hasn’t made vodka out of?

7 Likes

I thought you meant tomato-infused vodka.

Like how pinnacle sells cotton candy, gingerbread and apple flavored vodkas.

5 Likes

Bakon bacon infused vodka is awesome for a bloody mary. no ketchup.
but I would consider a sriracha vodka :thinking:

7 Likes

Either way. I was lightly poking fun at your typo, see.

3 Likes

Only a boorish philistine would dip their hot dog in a glass of ketchup wine.

8 Likes

It’s the aging isn’t it?

9 Likes

The only thing that pairs with a corndog is an ice cold Heinzweiser with yellow hue so sharp it makes highlighters pale with envy.

2 Likes

I guess you had to point it out twice for me to notice it was a typo.

3 Likes

I know that recipe. That’s prison wine.

2 Likes

Many do.

5 Likes

I used to hate both mustard and wine and have cultivated an appreciation of both, but… I think this is a wall that ain’t coming down.

3 Likes