Little known feature on French's Mustard lid

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/03/little-known-feature-on-french.html

5 Likes

It also helped a lot that on his second attempt, he stopped deliberately handling the mustard bottle incompetently.

51 Likes

PTRuOrLT3xOUw

50 Likes

Was waiting for that one (or something similar).

4 Likes

Or you could just flip it over 180 degrees so the cap is on top.

21 Likes

Dude is like an idiot on an infomercial. Seriously, I’ve never snapped the lid back, and I’ve never had problems with the mustard not going where I want it.

13 Likes

Chicken cuke sandwich with MUSTARD? Bleh. That sandie calls for MAYO.

25 Likes
20 Likes

Or you could not buy crappy mustard. Stone ground, german, deli…there are so many other options! I suppose French’s works on a white Wonder bread sandwich with Velveeta and bolongna…

18 Likes

"No one knows this Game Changer on French’s Mustard Lid!"

NO ONE! Not even the designers that put it there!

26 Likes

this right?!

I think the little notch click is cool and all…but maybe it’s easier to just ya know…HOLD THE GOD DAMN BOTTLE RIGHT.

22 Likes

It’s also good as a coloring agent for mayo if you want to change it up slightly.

4 Likes

To be fair, that’s an eerily accurate reenactment of me with measuring tapes, hoses and extension cords.

12 Likes

Yeah, gas icons are helpful…

Edit: Nissan Versa Note

24 Likes

big if true

1 Like

I appreciate that even though it appears he handles his mustard bottle like a moron while making his sandwich (I’ve never had either of the problems he showed), his video was succinct and didn’t take three minutes to get to the damned point.

26 Likes

Well, that was underwhelming, but at least it was short.

13 Likes

There’s a product engineer out there somewhere, who’s finally getting the recognition (s)he deserves.

14 Likes

The closeups and slo-mo are a nice touch, but the music isn’t nearly dramatic enough.

4 Likes

The video link is to the Nintendo story from yesterday. Go home boingboing, you’re drunk.

3 Likes