My neighborhood realtor is determined to turn a buck on electoral eschatology

I had a strange experience last week crossing the border into the U.S. for my weekly day at work.

The CBP generally asks you questions as you come through the line about where you’re going, etc.
This time, I was asked how long I’d been out of the country, and I responded I’d been in Tijuana for about 200 days so far. The conversation covered how Tijuana was a much better fit economically, and how being an artist, I felt less constrained by the need to base myself in my home country.
The next thing he said felt weird; that there were places in the U.S. I could live economically - and it eerily felt like that conversation that crops up when a person wants to leave the fold of any sort - church, cult, business, sports team, etc., like “You don’t have to go.”

I wonder if he’s talked to many people who are that amount of worried about the election?

7 Likes

Most people would stick out like a sore thumb in India.

Maybe Greece, they can’t get their shit together, it seems. Probably too buys worrying about collapse than to round up ex-Pats.

1 Like

#This is awesome.

2 Likes

Where? I’m in Austin, too and I need to drive by it!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.