My new favorite subreddit is r/boomershumor

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/22/my-new-favorite-subreddit-is-r.html

2 Likes

Some boomer comedians: Today’s kids are ruining comedy by not letting us generalize about groups of people.

Later: We didn’t mean you should make fun of us!

31 Likes

random-dad-jokes-dad-imessage-today-20-34-sometimes-i-squat-3156_phixr

30 Likes

I’m digging https://www.reddit.com/r/antiboomershumor/

Though some of the content gets pretty dark…

2 Likes

I’m actually nostalgic for the old FWD: RE: FWD>>> days, because I would wind up on these joke chains with hundreds of people I don’t know, sharing corny but harmless jokes. There’s just something about having random strangers sending emails to each other to brighten each others’ days. Now everybody’s moved to bookface and become super bitchy.

Don’t forget “I hate my wife” jokes, and tiresome misogyny/homophobia/transphobia.

22 Likes

Often referred too unironically, as that wasn’t a thing then or now, as The Good Old Days of Comedy.
Back when you assholes could take a joke!! etc, etc…

19 Likes

That was true social media.

12 Likes

“Do you guys remember email?”

Shit that came around fast…

18 Likes

My new favorite subreddit is r/boomershumor

OK, Blogger.

:slight_smile:

40 Likes

giphy-1

16 Likes

C’mon, somebody had to do it…

18 Likes

29 Likes

13 Likes

The Comics Curmudgeon does it for me.

Reckon future generations will never know the thrill of the ol’ comics section in the Saturday newspaper. Or of the newspaper in general.

3 Likes

What did the old comedian say to the vegetable thief?

Take my wife, peas!

3 Likes

Actually tiresome pretty much all of the humor in there.

6 Likes

Hell, I remember when we passed these things around the office after xeroxing them.

8 Likes

Is this you?

download%20(27)

11 Likes

I consider it a missed opportunity that the subreddit isn’t called r/boomerhoomer.

Edit: out of curiosity, I checked, and it is a sub, but no one posts there.

7 Likes
4 Likes