My new favorite subreddit is r/boomershumor

No, that’s me.

1 Like

As a teen in the mid 80’s I was a teacher’s aide at a hebrew school. It was a paying job that required almost no actual effort.

Major benefit: I ran all the ditto sheets for class. In a tiny little unventilated back room.

I can’t speak hebrew worth a damn.

Good times…

6 Likes

Oh, come on! Who do you think you are kidding? We all know that’s you right now!

5 Likes

They came by fax and then we xeroxed them. Can’t remember what we did before that though.

2 Likes

I think we stood around a water cooler/coffee machine/kettle and relayed them verbally. Ugh - makes me shudder to think about it. Thank God for technology!

2 Likes

No, you’re right, you got me, this is what I’m doing right now…
tumblr_ptxo5ygT6N1x68wbro1_400

16 Likes

We used the thing on the front of our human heads, where the sounds come out of, they call it talking, I’m a fan…

5 Likes

But how do you talk a meme?

Supa hot fire dot gif

6 Likes

I LOVE it!

3 Likes

colon roll underscore eyes

4 Likes

Gen Xer here - I f-ing love the Millenials and Gen Zers. They’re smart and don’t take any shit. It’s awesome.

10 Likes

Splitter!!

9 Likes

The BCC field? hmmm, that’s a bit more tech/privacy savvy than the boomers I’m accustomed to (i.e. my mom, who very publicly talked trash about me in what she thought was a private Facebook gab with a friend…)

5 Likes

Macron backslash underscore open parenthesis tsu close parenthesis underscore forward slash macron.

5 Likes

You know a thread is getting dark when it starts getting into French politics…

oh, not that Macron? Carry on, then.

7 Likes

Or the utter delight of Oog’s drawings at the back of the cave.

3 Likes

‘Boomers.’
I guess every generation/demographic needs a scapegoat.

(But please don’t blame the 1% for the state of the world - it’s the boomers!)

6 Likes

Very true. And I’m generally not a fan of painting an entire generation with such a broad brush.

The thing I sometimes come back to, though, is this: for the first time in history, almost every major problem in the world continues to exist because of human choices. There are people who could have chosen differently, and didn’t. I think Gen Xers and younger were the first cohorts to grow up knowing this, and it’s a genuinely big difference in worldview. In the most charitable view I can manage, this is an attempt to establish a new and better norm for making such choices.

4 Likes

snl-gen-x-2

8 Likes

(i.e. my mom…)

Ah, thanks for the evidence to support my claim that my career was stymied by job interviewers. They looked at me and thought, “she looks like my mom, who doesn’t know anything about the internet.”

I am a mid-boomer who got a CS degree in the 70s and built my first web site in 1995.

11 Likes