My new favorite subreddit is r/boomershumor

So, it was both ageism AND misogyny… that sucks. Sounds like you’d be imminently qualified for any job in your field. It’s too bad that far too many companies seem to value shallow engage with modern tech over a depth of knowledge I’m sure you possess.

12 Likes

Sorry, you’re right, that was a shitty. My mom’s real issue is actually her lack of boundaries, IRL and electronically, which would make her more of a millenial stereotype, but in reality it’s a timeless quality. Apologies, I should know better as a millenial/genX cusper who is already grappling with irrelevance as a web developer, and fuck, I’m a white man

5 Likes

I have to admit; as someone who got caught by esoteric BS in the 80is by his babyboomer-mother, this one made me almost piss my pants out of pure evil laughter of joy

ISAWIT!

7 Likes

Some people call her Tilda…

4 Likes

Soon to be qualified but not quite yet? Eminently possible, I suppose.

(Again, open goals and apologies.)

These jokes really bum me out.

1 Like

4 Likes

Do you think she’s NOT qualified for whatever job in her field?

Maybe put a guy on a bomb that you can’t defuse in the field… hysterical!!!

2 Likes

Actually, I think they were commenting on your use of “imminently.” I think you mean “eminently.” Thank you!

2 Likes

Sorry my grammar wasn’t perfect. I was just trying to be supportive, but clearly that’s not needed.

1 Like

Don’t eminentize her eschaton, buddy.

Am I a fucking joke? If so, please tell me, so I know that I’m again in a place where people will not treat me like a person…

Some would say persons are fucking jokes. So treating you as a joke is treating you as a person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But really, I see this BBS as a place where regulars can treat each others as jokes. A cross generational gathering of happy mutants, even if us Gen X’ers seem to be the majority (and really, a lot of stuff flung at Baby Boomers is stuff we Generation X humans are also guilty of. Ye gods, we have gotten old.

And on an unrelated note, I stumbled upon a similar subreddit, named r/boomerhumour

I expect she is in all probability eminently qualified for it. Your comment implied she would only soon be qualified for it. As usual, I was kicking a ball in the open goal of an unintentional word misuse that any pedant would be forgiven for scoring. (BTW I do have a Pedant Pendant badge!) I’d have hoped the way I composed that response would have made that clear.

Oops - ETA that she already pointed that out to you.

And I had absolutely no idea what @Wally’s comment meant until I found this.

Imminent, eminent, immanent - whatever. :wink:

3 Likes

Correct! No insults intended, and that one was definitely obtuse “humor” if it can even be called humor. Silly banter, more like.

Manamana

4 Likes

It’s a put on.

1 Like

What do you call the container a boomer Dad keeps his freshly picked jokes in?

A punnet.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.