My new writing setup

Maybe this time I’ll actually join the Massdrop.

I keep having fits of common sense and skipping them.

2 Likes

Good question.

http://english-zone.com/language/mayhem.html

You monster.

8 Likes

If I write longhand for more than 20 minutes at any pace, my hand cramps. I haven’t had to do it in 25 years.

3 Likes

It kills me. If we met randomly IRL we would be friends, and laugh at the same things. Perhaps one of these days we will. I enjoy posts like this.

(Japhroaig, step away from the Marley and Ben Harper)

4 Likes

Suck up…

2 Likes

Looks like a keyboard for someone with small hands…

2 Likes

I still have a working Powerbook 170 from 1990-something. If I ever started a big writing project, I’d use that one. It has MS word on it, so it’s fine.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. My handwriting is …difficult… to read, and I really can’t write for very long (I think I switched from handwriting to a keyboard too early). I’ve looked into improving it, but haven’t got very far. Can anyone suggest how I might re-train myself? When I search for handwriting help for adults, I always get stuck in literacy help, which is a different problem.

2 Likes

My version of this is here:

That’s an original iPad connected to a KB 40% with Cherry MX Clears switches and a custom key cap set. An old version of WriteRoom runs great.
As a side note: I really like the aesthetic @beschizza has for that room. Clean and modern but still warm and comfortable. Nice work.

9 Likes

Wait, surely that’s The Safe in the corner? And what is that white thing on top of it (since you’re sharing)? Is milk your secret writing-energy drink?

3 Likes

any chance we can get the details on the painting/artist? I really like it and would like to explore it a bit.

1 Like

That’s a @beschizza original.

1 Like

And then the murders began.

3 Likes

YES to ipads connected to 40% mechs. I just really want a bluetooth one and, well, the nearest thing is the Minila Air? Sad.

2 Likes

I could put up prints on redbubble or wherever if you’d like one of your own!

4 Likes

That is indeed the safe. On it is a Philips dawn light and a galileo thermometer, which was Heather’s first gift to me.

7 Likes

This is a beautiful space you have created. Goals. I feel like I’d get lost in the painting. Just look up and sort of fall into it and an hour later, shake my head, “What? Where was I? What happened?” and then look down and there’d be like one sentence on my computer.

8 Likes

Add a bluetooth module & battery to something?
Adafruit must make a module that’ll do that (plus the battery, plus the charger for said battery…)
Might make that 40% case look like a 60% pretty quick…

Sweeeeeet.

(In two ways!)

1 Like