Mystery drone squadrons flying over Colorado and Nebraska

Perhaps it’s a group of drone enthusiasts who met through meetup.com?

Or it’s the future, and you are welcome to it.

1 Like

I haven’t had a real camera in well over a decade, so the overall advance of technology has rendered me much less likely to take pics that a real camera would capture, but is beyond the capabilities of a cell phone. Almost like the aliens/ghosts/elves hid their coming invasion by helping develop cell phones…

4 Likes

The real question is why hasn’t the Defense Department done something about this? You know when and where they appear, so put a Spooky or Apache up there and waste a few.

1 Like

Paging the Coast to Coast AM experts…

2 Likes

Maybe because it is the Defense Department? Lots of history of the military flying aircraft and denying it publicly for years. Not saying it for sure is, but it’s in the realm of very plausible possibilities.

10 Likes

Who ya gonna call?

10 Likes

why has no-one sent their own drone up there to get a good look?

6 Likes

This was my first thought. They’re flight testing some drone hardware and doing it at night for opsec purposes. The military has been using large drones for years now, it wouldn’t be a surprise if some new generation hardware is undergoing evaluation/testing.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Reporting in from Denver, to see drones I’d have to drive about an hour in one direction, and to see Stargate Command I’d have to drive about an hour in nearly the opposite direction.

6 Likes

THAT should have shown up in the BB Store.

4 Likes

So, technically these are UFO’s, right?

Because I don’t remember the last time any good storyline started with UFO flyovers at night

10 Likes

My go-to for anything strange overhead is DARPA, therefore…

6 Likes

From noriohayakawa.wordpress.com

In June [2019], the US Air Force showed off a new tool called THOR, a microwave emitter designed to take down swarms of drones. Some of these defensive tools are already being put to use as well: in July, the US Navy used a new system called a MRZR LMADIS — a Light Marine Air Defense Integrated System — to down an Iranian drone that came within a thousand yards.

2 Likes

from that wiki page:

note that contemporary American newspapers of the “yellow journalism” era were more likely to print manufactured stories and hoaxes than are modern news sources

if only. if only.

well, we were originally going to name our kid alexa, but this was our second choice. now what do we do?

4 Likes

It’s just John Cale.

3 Likes

via Imgflip GIF Maker

6 Likes

One of Isao Tomita’s “Sound Cloud” concerts.

AllMusic Review by Jim Brenholts

Isao Tomita is, first and foremost, a master showman. Back to the Earth is credited to Isao Tomita and the Plasma Symphony, but it is Tomita’s show. He staged a concert in Battery Park, on the Hudson River, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty. It was more of an event than a concert. With Battery Park surrounded by musicians, synths, computers, and choirs, Tomita conducted the affair from a control room suspended in mid-air by a crane. Three huge speakers, two in barges on the river and one hanging from a helicopter, provided the sound.

2 Likes

The first performance of this was in 1984, the “Live at Linz / The Mind of the Universe” concert on the Danube. A video of the spectacular event is up on YouTube:

Sadly Tomita is not with us anymore,

4 Likes